Sponsored

Vacuum display in dash?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
The sole reason it's on the dash in analog form is because it looks cool, and especially looks cool for your passengers. It's very "race car." Personally, I love it for the pure fact that the needle moves around. It just looks cool and looking cool is part of having a flashy sports car. Notice the other gauge is oil pressure, which is something you need to see immediately when it tanks.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Quite useful in the Ecoboost PP because the gauge goes both ways-it shows both boost and vacuum :headbang:

In high performance aircraft piston engines, which are often equipped with constant speed props (a propeller which has a governor that tries to keep the engine at a fixed RPM), the manifold pressure gauge is primary for telling you how much power the engine is actually making, since reducing throttle doesn't reduce engine RPM like it does with a fixed pitch propeller. Maybe there's some correlation here, since the Mustang has "groundspeed" written in the middle of the speedo :lol:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The vacuum guage is an aide in helping the driver achieve optimum fuel economy. There is certain rpm levels at load which require less fuel... ..uh I think
Which is just what you need in your Performance Pack, a fuel economy gauge.

For the GT PP it's a wasted gauge. Oil temp is the obvious 3rd gauge in a performance cluster.

I would bet money we got it because it is similar to the vacuum/boost gauge in the EcoBoost PP.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
For me, the vacuum gauge is a constant reminder that I need boost...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

For the GT PP it's a wasted gauge. Oil temp is the obvious 3rd gauge in a performance cluster.

I would bet money we got it because it is similar to the vacuum/boost gauge in the EcoBoost PP.
Also makes it a direct swap if you want to put a blower on a GTPP car.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)

IIRC, the PP cars were emulating the last generation (S197) GT500, which has an oil pressure gauge and boost gauge in the center console...

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I believe the vacuum gauge was added to the s550 as a nostalgia throwback to the the 68-69 mustang. Just as the the car's body lines were. ..Here is the vacuum gauge on the 68..
instrument_cluster_(1).JPG

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Cool info! Never knew the 68 had vacuum guage. Thanks!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I believe the vacuum gauge was added to the s550 as a nostalgia throwback to the the 68-69 mustang. Just as the the car's body lines were. ..Here is the vacuum gauge on the 68..
Kind of like the vented signals on the 16's yet people thought those were stupid too. You can't please everyone. I think it adds an extra bit uniqueness to the car and one of the reasons I really wanted another PP was for the look of the dash (and brembos). It's just gives the car a bit more of character and looks cool rolling down the road at night with glowing gauges in the center that aren't an aftermarket thought. Even if they don't provide total useful information but then again, 90% of the shit in cars information systems don't.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Kind of like the vented signals on the 16's yet people thought those were stupid too. You can't please everyone. I think it adds an extra bit uniqueness to the car and one of the reasons I really wanted another PP was for the look of the dash (and brembos). It's just gives the car a bit more of character and looks cool rolling down the road at night with glowing gauges in the center that aren't an aftermarket thought. Even if they don't provide total useful information but then again, 90% of the shit in cars information systems do.
Hey, I like my indicators in the vents. Very glad it was a '68 & '16 only thing.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Cool info! Never knew the 68 had vacuum guage. Thanks!
I think Chevy mentioned it in their ads as proof Mustangs suck.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Hey, I like my indicators in the vents. Very glad it was a '68 & '16 only thing.
I had them on my 16. Even though I could only see one side, I loved noticing them at dark. :lol:

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I have a question. I’ve been wanting to install the Vacuum and oil gauges on my 2019 mustang GT. It is a base model and switched out the old calculator screen to a sync 3. I’ve seen the 18+ have all the premium harness ready for Pug and play but do the base models also have it? TIA
Sponsored