[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

joshy5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
should have specified for the less understanding, not one before/after constant/variable dyno showing the mani's SOLE gain.
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
For those who locked out the IMRC's, is there a port on the back of the manifold sticking straight up to the hood that should be capped off?

I ask because the shop who installed my manifold left the large, black, round plastic piece(s) installed with their hoses.

My IMRC's are locked out with two zipties on each, but could this be the source of the low RPM bucking?
18 Manifold Edited.jpg

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
For those who locked out the IMRC's, is there a port on the back of the manifold sticking straight up to the hood that should be capped off?

I ask because the shop who installed my manifold left the large, black, round plastic piece(s) installed with their hoses.

My IMRC's are locked out with two zipties on each, but could this be the source of the low RPM bucking?
The port in the back should be blocked off as well as whats called vaccuum 1
This runs straight through the manifold to feed the Imrc valves which in this case are not being used.

I simply capped both ends off and have no issues with using the lockouts.

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
This is how my lines are routed.
No issues at all
Car runs perfect.
7E1E7E9E-4243-4557-9497-07B05BE08C8C.jpeg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
All that info is there for at least of couple of them.
I see a lot of parts added (lockouts/injectors/etc., etc.) to the 18+ manifolds making bigish hp #s. That said, it's not the manifold that make the 18+ quicker. I dynoed the same 420-430ish RWHP as some others with a 17 manny simular mods to me (mods in sig), same rpm's etc. That one 18 vs GT350 manny is complete bullshit IMO.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Too many damn people focus on the peak gains. There isn't that much even with the 350, or the 18. What you do gain is an extremely long flat power curve instead of a quick rise drop off. The longer the power area the faster the car will be. less shift drop. So many people like me choose the 18 mani because it's cheap.

QUIT DYNO RACING!

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just took my full bolt on car to the 1/4 for the first time Friday. I ran a 12.9 @ 119 mph. I was on all season tires so my launch was not good (2.3 60 foot) but the mph was strong. Stock with a cai only I crossed the line at 112 mph

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Besides Springs do you have any rear suspension mods

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Just took my full bolt on car to the 1/4 for the first time Friday. I ran a 12.9 @ 119 mph. I was on all season tires so my launch was not good (2.3 60 foot) but the mph was strong. Stock with a cai only I crossed the line at 112 mph
That is a strong mph man. What did it trap in the 1/8 if you don't mind me asking.

The DA of 3000 sounds about right, I was up that way friday afternoon and it was 2800 or so a little south of PRP.

SQ

BrandonJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not. One. Dyno.... just like everyone else, mines in a box until someone shows numbers...:shrug:
I'm thinking the same thing. I see a lot of dynos but most people are running E85 or forced induction. I'm going to just be 93 octane with a cold air intake and exhaust. I'm starting to lose interest in putting it on and my just sell the stuff I bought.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
should have specified for the less understanding, not one before/after constant/variable dyno showing the mani's SOLE gain.
Seriously..., what are we 5..., take your childish trolling someplace else if you have nothing to contribute to the thread topic.

I see a lot of parts added (lockouts/injectors/etc., etc.) to the 18+ manifolds making bigish hp #s. That said, it's not the manifold that make the 18+ quicker. I dynoed the same 420-430ish RWHP as some others with a 17 manny simular mods to me (mods in sig), same rpm's etc. That one 18 vs GT350 manny is complete bullshit IMO.
You're the dyno preacher here and are you trying to compare your dyno numbers (different dyno, different days, unknown conditions, etc) to others... never the best practice. :shrug:

Right out of one of the links -
Here's Kevin's 2016 Mustang GT! When he first brought it to us, we dialed the tune in for his current mods, a Steeda intake, Texas Speed headers, and E85. The car made 425whp and 399wtq. We then swapped the stock 2016 intake manifold out for a 2018 intake manifold still utilizing the IMRC's. After re-tuning on the dyno for the new manifold, Kevin's 5.0 made 452whp and 387wtq. It's to be noted that it lost 20wtq in a 300-400 RPM window, but picked up notable power from 5,500 RPM on out. From 6,500-7,500 there was very little comparison being at 7,000 RPM there was a 60whp gain over the stock manifold! No other changes were made to the car, and the comparison was done in a 3-4hr window during the day with same weather conditions.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...-Dyno-Graph-Comparison_large.png?v=1521652538

Then in the youtube video yes they did do lockouts, but not injectors. However, lockouts aren't going to affect peak numbers as IMRC's are open when WOT on dyno regardless if locked out or not.

No one has ever claimed that it is the manifold alone that makes the 18+ quicker, those are your words. Rather, is piece of the incremental upgrade of the gen3 coyote, and one of the easier to make backwards compatible with previous models.

This thread / forum isn't the sole source of information on this topic. If people were more willing to do a little more searching themselves, opposed to just expecting to have everything handed to them, they'd be able to find the info they needed.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question for folks: adapter is required to put GT350 throttle body on this manifold, right?
Sponsored