Sponsored

MBRP Race Exhaust Review

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
That's a nice system as well, but I still prefer the MBRPs. I simply love the deep sound!

Can I ask you something though: I saw on your signature that you have a Vibrant resonator. Which one are you using, is there a model number? Did you put it on in order to reduce drone? Also, does the resonator have any effect on the overall sound of the exhaust?
When I went catless DP there was a lot of rasp and changed a little from the original sound. I simply cut the mbrp short where it connects to the downpipe, got the 18" vibrant and a V band clamp that I got welded to one side of it and a basic 3" pipe clamp. Then you hook up the clamp side to the downpipe, and then join the other side to the mbrp with the pipe clamp (about 3" long clamp). It dramatically helped rasp and kept the mbrp sound for the most part. Still extremely loud lol
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks for the details. I still have the stock downpipe, so I guess I don't have to do that. I was just curious whether you were using a resonator to lower the MBRP sound.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Here are a few clips of my exhaust...

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Most people buy MBRP mainly for the price and sound from sound clips. But it differs a lot between sound clips and real world sound, and between sound outside and inside the car.

I have installed my MBRP Race and catted dp. When the first time I went pick up my car I could not sit inside for more than 5 min. Vibrant and drone terribly.

Of course it's just from my perspective. As a driver I hear my pony *inside* all the time, so I just go back to search for quieter exhaust.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You can disable the Active Noise Cancellation, that's what most of us have done. This should solve your problem. If not then you add a Vibrant resonator.

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
So just had my mods all put in. Can I say, that in the 30-40kms I did with it since the install I am exteremely happy. I don't honestly have any "drone" no vibration at highway speed, yes I hear the exhuast inside the car but its not an irritating sound, its to me a sound of a performance engine purring. I haven't disabled active noise control yet (would love to disable the synth sound).

When we installed the exhaust I made sure nothing was touching, had good clearance and everything was nice and tight. Anyway, all good at this stage very happy and glad I went the MBRP Race. I cant compare it against anything else but I'm very happy :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
These exhausts are indeed the best for the EcoBoost!

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Oddly enough, I get more drone from mine with ANC disabled so I enabled it again, sounds great. :shrug:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Strange indeed. Maybe you disabled it instead of enabling it? LOL.

Sponsored

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
A couple of weeks ago, I read somewhere that there is not just one, but two mics that are part of the active noise cancellation. Most of us have only disconnected the one located under the headliner. There is another one located inside the map light box, but this mic seems to be important for other functions as well (Bluetooth function, voice commands, etc.), so I guess it should not be disconnected.

I'm bringing this post back from the dead. I've had this exhaust since tuesday and the sound and drone in the car was horrible. It really made me question if i picked the right exhaust. the car was literally giving me head aches. I disconnected the ANC Mic and it did make a difference. There definitely still drone especially around 1500 to 2200 RPM. I have the ford performance tune so i'm at that RPM at 65mph. I was chatting with someone with ford performance about the issue and they said they new about the mic at the rear of the headliner but not the map light. Does the FORscan option void the warranty? I'm going to ask tomorrow at my dealer (my darn rearview camera isnt working again). Has anyone actually tried the resignators? How much does something like that cost? Thanks everyone wanted to share what FP told me. I'm going to do some more digging on the map light ANC mic. :headbonk:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
FORSCan doesn’t void your warranty. But it will solve the drone issue if that bothers you.

zsameer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with PP
I love the sound from the MBRP Race but the buzzing/rattling from the doors is the only thing thats bothering me. Only happens at certain RPM. I think around 3500 to 5000. Has anyone else having the same issue or have a fix for it? Appreciate any help in this matter.

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
Strange indeed. Maybe you disabled it instead of enabling it? LOL.
I still havent figured out how to disable it. I disconnected the mike in the headliner but thats a minor change.
How did you do it?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I still havent figured out how to disable it. I disconnected the mike in the headliner but thats a minor change.
How did you do it?
Go to this thread and read post #61 onwards:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-disable-the-active-noise-control.78455/page-4

Go to As-built module 727-01-01 xxxx xXxx xxxx

Change that value at X... it is probably currently an A or 2 (or whatever value). Subtract 2 from it... If it is an A make it a 8, if it is an 2 make it a 0, etc...
Sponsored