Sponsored

Deep scratch

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my new 2018 Mustang GT PP, on Saturday 9th June.
On Sunday, 11th June, I checked the car over, in detail, and found a deep scratch on it (on the bumper, near where the boot opens).

Needless to say, the dealership is arranging to have it fixed. Alas, I will be without it for three days.

Oh, and on the way to work at 06:10 this morning, on 75 South (Atlanta, GA),I got a flat tyre. Yep, dark out there, and couldn't see a thing. Tow truck dropped it off to my dealer.

Not a brilliant week thus far, to say the least...
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
:shrug: I hope your luck changes.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
At least you were able to have the car to get the scratch and the flat with.

Be thankful for what you have...:-)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
:shrug: I hope your luck changes.
His luck isn't all bad. Some dealers would fight to avoid fixing a scratch the buyer didn't point out at time of delivery. So he at least has a good dealer.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Both the scratch and tire are being fixed. It's a pain in the ass, but it's only a small bump in the road.

Enjoy the car man!

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my car back. It was at the dealership since Monday. Got it back around 17:30 Eastern, today, 22nd June (in pouring rain!).

- deep scratch fix (filled, buffed, painted and buffed again)
- handbrake clip on the end replaced
- boot light fixed. Apparently, a part had to be ordered
- spare tyre: Ford want $399 for the tyre, then $400 for the jack. DEAD!

Oh, then I drove my car home, parked in the garage. There was a cat litter box hanging on the wall. While I was in the kitchen, I heard a band. And, yep, the litter box fell on my car.

Imagine, the garage has been empty ALL WEEK. But, the litter box decided to fall this evening. I was to mad to fully check the hood this evening. I will check it properly in day light tomorrow. Then again, not like there is anything I can do about it.

Lastly, this is all before I have made my first payment on it.

Priceless; you just can't make this stuff up...

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
omg three's a charm lol hoping your sting of bad luck ends then :p

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I sympathize as I tend to have that kind of luck too.

Get that CatSpot coconut litter. It is soft, dust free, odorless, compostable and weights next to nothing. No way it would damage the car. :)

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Finally got my car back. It was at the dealership since Monday. Got it back around 17:30 Eastern, today, 22nd June (in pouring rain!).

Oh, then I drove my car home, parked in the garage. There was a cat litter box hanging on the wall. While I was in the kitchen, I heard a band. And, yep, the litter box fell on my car.

Imagine, the garage has been empty ALL WEEK. But, the litter box decided to fall this evening. I was to mad to fully check the hood this evening. I will check it properly in day light tomorrow. Then again, not like there is anything I can do about it.

Wow man you need to get rid of that bad juju, were you happening to wear the same shirt when you noticed the scratch and got the flat? Maybe burn that shirt. Do something.

Sponsored

section30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto Lightning Blue
"Priceless; you just can't make this stuff up..."

Last week I was out of town for a week. I usually keep the garage door open a few inches to let the cats move in or out. Well, it was raining a lot in Texas and the cat caretaker closed the garage door since the cats were mostly inside. Water fills up the storm sewers (where they usually live) and (I think) a big racoon used the garage rafters one night for shelter. Yup, after the door was closed, he tried to find a way out and must have jumped down five+ feet or so onto my hood from the crossbeams. We've had a few giant ones running around here lately; now it's gonna cost about $300 from the paint less dent repair guy to fix it!

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that!

My deep scratch was fixed. And, today the two additional dings were fixed, too. $160.00

Last week I was out of town for a week. I usually keep the garage door open a few inches to let the cats move in or out. Well, it was raining a lot in Texas and the cat caretaker closed the garage door since the cats were mostly inside. Water fills up the storm sewers (where they usually live) and (I think) a big racoon used the garage rafters one night for shelter. Yup, after the door was closed, he tried to find a way out and must have jumped down five+ feet or so onto my hood from the crossbeams. We've had a few giant ones running around here lately; now it's gonna cost about $300 from the paint less dent repair guy to fix it!

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red

Spare and Jack, $255, not compatible with performance pack.

https://accessories.ford.com/wheels/wheels/spare-tire-kit-v6.html

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

sorry to read about this! Know it’s been a bit but did the dealer have a body shop repair the paint?

Sorry to hear that!

My deep scratch was fixed. And, today the two additional dings were fixed, too. $160.00
who fixed the dings? We have some local PDR guys I might have to look into...

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer connected me with a local guy. He did it in no time, and the bloody thing looked like new.

After rereading this thread. I had totally forgotten about all the issues I had, when I first bought my car.
Man time flies...

sorry to read about this! Know it’s been a bit but did the dealer have a body shop repair the paint?

who fixed the dings? We have some local PDR guys I might have to look into...
Sponsored