Sponsored

FRPP Track Pack Suspension Install/Review

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Hello fellow Canadians,

I saw last March Northern Goat posted his install for FRPP power pack 2. So here is my thoughts on the Track Suspension Kit.

INSTALL:
It's not difficult but CJPP YouTube install video is WAY BETTER reference than FRPP manual. Spent 4 days taking my time.
Left the Toe-Knuckle Bearing, Rear Vertical links, and Front Sway Bar(could of did this bar myself but single car garage made it impossible!). A Performance Shop installed these when I got the final alignment done to FRPP specs. (4.5hrs labor + $120 align)

RIDE:
I did this install in phases. Since I had to wait 3 weeks to install some parts and alignment you notice right away the biggest fault on the Base GT is the Springs/Struts/Shocks. These were the biggest upgrade you notice right away. It eliminates the bouncy floaty feeling immediately! Confidence is now there where before you felt scared to push the car.

I've put 500kms on this kit with mix of back roads, 400 series hwys, broken pavement and traffic. Feels so much more planted. Yes its a firm ride, could daily this no problem. If you like a smooth softer ride maybe stick with the Street handing pack(PP stock kit)
Also barely notice the drop in ride height(which is what i wanted)

Would I install this again? Might of just went with new Springs/Struts/Shocks for street use. Not certain if the other parts are necessary? I have no plans on going to the track.

Next mods will be better tires. Stock PP PZEROs are now more noticeably the weakest link left to upgrade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nice review. I have the dampers on order. Can't wait to get them in!

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wont be disappointed :D

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
Interesting, I have a base GT with the PP and Recaros (factory order by me), I have tracked the car at Cayuga and have managed to pull just over 1G in turning and braking. I am now running Nitto's 555 G2, they are outlasting the stock Pirelli's and are matching the stickiness too.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I'm tearing up the Pirellis. 5000km on the rears and they are already at 6/32. I'm sure Nittos are far superior :D

Test drove a fully loaded PP before factory ordering my BaseGT. From what I can remember it's a great middle ground. Knew I'd end up replacing the suspension so didn't bother.

Thinking about getting the PP Strut Tower and K Brace next since its cheap. Anyone think its worth it? I've read mixed posts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Interesting, I have a base GT with the PP and Recaros (factory order by me), I have tracked the car at Cayuga and have managed to pull just over 1G in turning and braking. I am now running Nitto's 555 G2, they are outlasting the stock Pirelli's and are matching the stickiness too.

I have the exact same spec car, also running 555 G2's, 285/35/19 on 10" fronts and 305/35/19 on 11" rears and I am getting 1.2 G on track at Shannonville. The Nittos hang in there really well and I had no issues with chunking or weird tire wear with them.

I just got done adding a bunch of upgrades to take the slop out of the engine/trans mounts and the rear cradle and added caster/camber plates, looking forward to testing that on track. Also have a new set of wheels and 200 TW track tires to test.

Next up I'm thinking the Ford Perf Track suspension kit, it uses progressive springs and it is supposed to be good for a dual purpose car, not overly harsh on the street but good on track.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added pics. Drop is so minor you can barely tell the difference. Another reason why I liked this kit.

Shiny picture shown one is stock. Dull is after.
IMG_20180520_135708.jpg
IMG_20180520_135548.jpg
IMG_20180520_135356.jpg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine on over the weekend. Couldn't be happier, wish I got the full kit from the get go!

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine on over the weekend. Couldn't be happier, wish I got the full kit from the get go!
Agreed this should of been my first mod. 1000kms on the kit now and it's so much better than stock!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I love the difference in the car sense I installed this set up on my 2018 PP1. I had the tools and space so it only took me about 5.5 hours from start to finish.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The kit really includes everything you need, and the full kit comes with the struts and springs pre assembled which is great for the guy doing it in his driveway.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit really includes everything you need, and the full kit comes with the struts and springs pre assembled which is great for the guy doing it in his driveway.
Exactly! Also if your not into adjusting suspension and tweaking. Just install/alignment and your set.

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Did you do the install yourself?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do the install yourself?
I did it with my buddy at his shop. Mostly because he has a lift and I am lazy.

Actually did it 3 times, with this set up being the 3rd.

Not really a hard job especially if your buying the struts pre assembled.

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
I did it with my buddy at his shop. Mostly because he has a lift and I am lazy.

Actually did it 3 times, with this set up being the 3rd.

Not really a hard job especially if your buying the struts pre assembled.
If you can PM me a quote to have it done...obviously I would help just need a lift to make it a bit easier along with where you got your alignment done...
Sponsored