Sponsored

Ambient light issues - cup holder light not working

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
My cup holder ambient light no longer seems to be working. Anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
While it's not impossible, it is unlikely that the LED is burnt out.

What's more likely is that the LED has become disengaged from the cup holder (the LED is on when ambient is on, but is not projecting through to where it can be seen) Or...

The connector has come apart (disconnected) beneath the cup holder.

Either way, a partial console lift is needed to investigate. If the warranty is finished, it's a super-simple job. If the warranty is still in effect...

Please follow up in order to help others (although it does appear that there aren't any, doesn't it?)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Please follow up in order to help others (although it does appear that there aren't any, doesn't it?)
Yes, just me then!

It's in warranty but I'm not overly keen on letting the dealer loose on the interior trim. Might have to bite the bullet and risk taking it in. There are a few other warranty issue to get done at the same time.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I completely agree re: letting the stealer have his way with your ride. I cannot STAND taking my car in!! And so...

Honestly - I would have a peek myself IIWY. It's super-simple to lift the back end of the console up a bit to see if you can see the light shining under there (or trace the wire with your finger to see if it has come undone) If you can deal with it yourself, that's one less thing for the stealer to screw up.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I completely agree re: letting the stealer have his way with your ride. I cannot STAND taking my car in!! And so...
I know! don't get me started!
Sponsored