Rev match like the new Bullit?

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I thought I had read the 6m had it, I know mine when I shift up, it lowers the rpms to the point where my next gear rpms should be and holds the rpms there for a second or two until my shift is completed. Maybe thats not actually considered rev matching....Unless someone else can come up with the correct wording from the net on what that is called.
Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I thought I had read the 6m had it, I know mine when I shift up, it lowers the rpms to the point where my next gear rpms should be and holds the rpms there for a second or two until my shift is completed. Maybe thats not actually considered rev matching....Unless someone else can come up with the correct wording from the net on what that is called.
That's usually considered rev hang. Rev matching is most noticeable with downshifts, it'll blip the throttle and hold the correct RPMs for the gear you're shifting down to until you release the clutch pedal.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's way too hard to H/T on the street in this car. Brake pedal is simply too high, you're putting yourself and passengers through the windscreen trying to do it on the street lol

On the track it's a piece of piss
I picked up the Steeda heel/toe gas pedal, and it's honestly one of my favorite mods I've done to the car! It's cheap and works great.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Couldn't the gear be inferred from engine speed and road speed? Anyway, seems like rev matching could be computed from engine speed, road speed, clutch position, brake pedal position, and maybe wheel slip. Does anyone know for sure if the Camaro uses a gear position sensor for this feature?
The ECU could infer the gear when you are in gear, but it would be difficult to do between shifts, and it needs to know before you let the clutch out. If you just did an auto-blip and always assumed single gear downshifts, it would probably be "close enough" but based on the Bullitt video it's pretty clear that it's directly reading the gear from somewhere.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
For everyone's sake, I hope that the default is off. So annoying in everyday traffic.

How so? The only pain that I could see is if for some reason you decided to drop to 1st while making an entrance, in which case a loud exhaust + rev match could frighten someone standing on the corner of the street.

I drive with an auto rev-matching transmission every day, and as long as you're not downshifting into first, it's a blast (even in every day traffic).

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Have you driven on track a lot?

I find when I'm deep in the brake pedal, my foot position is below where the gas is. So I need to lift my heel and pivot at the ball of my foot to heel/toe.
Not on a track, but I max-brake and blip every so often on the street. On my car the brake pedal doesn't go down far enough for bliping to be a problem.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
How so? The only pain that I could see is if for some reason you decided to drop to 1st while making an entrance, in which case a loud exhaust + rev match could frighten someone standing on the corner of the street.

I drive with an auto rev-matching transmission every day, and as long as you're not downshifting into first, it's a blast (even in every day traffic).
Can't speak for the auto, but it was so annoying when I drove an SS 1LE, I finally just turned it off. Completely useless in city traffic.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That's offensive to us heel/toers. Real heeltoers can twist that ankle, threshold brake and blip the throttle all at once. Stuff's too damn easy these days.
Which is why you can turn it off, so it doesn't turn real men into girly men.
Sponsored