Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
For engine mods my signature is complete. The PMAS intake has been a headache. Tune is spot on for it but the 150 degree intake temps are annoying and initially the intake kept coming apart. I'm starting to wonder if the reason my F-150 intake was a "take off part" was because there was something wrong with CMCV's and they aren't opening all the way.

Interesting. Didn't think about that. I would figure code would come up at the least with how sensitive everything is.

What sucks though is it entirely possible. I ran into a couple things about the Focus and some other vehicles over in Europe having widespread emissions control valve failure.
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
For engine mods my signature is complete. The PMAS intake has been a headache. Tune is spot on for it but the 150 degree intake temps are annoying and initially the intake kept coming apart. I'm starting to wonder if the reason my F-150 intake was a "take off part" was because there was something wrong with CMCV's and they aren't opening all the way.
Did you plug the hole on the back of the F150 intake??

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Yeah its strange. Im sending a log to Lund this afternoon.
Interesting. Didn't think about that. I would figure code would come up at the least with how sensitive everything is.

What sucks though is it entirely possible. I ran into a couple things about the Focus and some other vehicles over in Europe having widespread emissions control valve failure.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I plastic welded a plug into the hole. My vaccuum readings are identical to the stock intake

Did you plug the hole on the back of the F150 intake??

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Yeah its strange. Im sending a log to Lund this afternoon.

Any word?

Also, since you got the flex tune are you required to run E85 or just the option? They charge extra for both tunes?

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Not yet. I'm sure Jon Jr will get back with me tomorrow

Any word?

Also, since you got the flex tune are you required to run E85 or just the option? They charge extra for both tunes?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet. I'm sure Jon Jr will get back with me tomorrow
My throttle is set to stock as I requested Jon Jr to do on my tune previously. That said, I always thought it was too touchy even after he adjusted it on the stock manifold. Once I swapped the 2018 manifold it smoothed out a good bit and felt much more stock like (which I actually liked). My guess is since the 18 looses TQ and low RPM power that it meshed well with the tune.

I would think thte F150 would be the opposite effect with the additional low end power? It is likely something they can tune out (cam timing/spark).

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Makes sense. I also noticed that my AFR's are slightly rich now showing 9.4 to 9.6 AFR on E85 vs on my first revision they were a rock solid 10.0... also noticed that even when the E85 I get tests at 83 to 85% it's always displaying 87 to 91%.. this may be a problem but I'm sure Jon Jr will let me know.

My throttle is set to stock as I requested Jon Jr to do on my tune previously. That said, I always thought it was too touchy even after he adjusted it on the stock manifold. Once I swapped the 2018 manifold it smoothed out a good bit and felt much more stock like (which I actually liked). My guess is since the 18 looses TQ and low RPM power that it meshed well with the tune.

I would think thte F150 would be the opposite effect with the additional low end power? It is likely something they can tune out (cam timing/spark).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

They can adjust driver demand. Stock actually has a positive exponential and delivers more torque at low load than requested.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Jon Jr looked at my Log and said everything looked good. My heasitation has also gone away after filled up with E85 today and reset my KAM.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just updating that ever since I put my Airaid intake elbow back on, the car is even more torquier!!

The Airaid as well as the Mishimoto version are known to provide that but my recipe for a more responsive and fun day-to-day driver = 93 tune + F150 manifold + intake elbow.

Loving it!!

freshjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Has anyone completed the F150 Manifold swap while using PP2 tune?
Searching PP2 in the thread hasn’t shown any conclusive results.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Should see nice gains without issues with the tune. I hadlund look at my E85 tune with the F-150 intake installed and no changes needed to be made. I will say that my tune amplifies the torque increase quite a bit and my car pulls to 7k no problem.

Has anyone completed the F150 Manifold swap while using PP2 tune?
Searching PP2 in the thread hasn’t shown any conclusive results.
Sponsored