Sponsored

Currently have an Extended Warranty (ESP) to 150,000 miles...any way to extend that??

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
Hi,

Yes this is a serious question lol.

I commute and drive about 40,000 miles per year. I've put 93,000 miles on my 2016 Mustang so far and will burn through the rest of my extended warranty (150,000 miles) in a year and a half. Are there any options to get an extended warranty past that? If not with Ford are there any other options out there that are not a rip off? I'm guessing probably not.

The ESP warranty I bought with Ford was not cheap and was around $2,800 and included a rental car and no deductible...it's paid for itself though. A bit nervous about driving my Mustang out of warranty though, so that is why I'm asking.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
That actually sounds like a great deal. I came from a Mercedes and there was no way to get that kind of coverage for 2,800

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
wow, 40K/year. you getting any mileage back from your employer? or is that just your commute? if you get mileage the national average is about .55/mile. that should be more then enough to buy a new mustang every 2 years. so put 80K on the car, sell it. take the $15K(from selling a 80K mustang) put a down payment on another one. repeat. Don't ever drive your car past 80K. you get a new car every year free.

If your employer isn't paying you mileage you need to think long and hard about the car your racking mileage up on and how much you get paid for this killing you 40K/miles/year job. if your rich, who cares. if your doing ok, do ok. if your living pay check to pay check. i'm guessing you got bigger problems.

You can all so claim this 40K/miles on your taxes if your employer isn't compensating you and get a HUGE $22,000/tax write off.

I drive about 28-30K/year on my mustang and work pays me .50/mile... Needless to say they pay for my gas and car payment. I get a free mustang. I never thought to extend the warranty because... i'll just get a new one in 3-4 years, I'm confident I'll get 100K out of it.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
wow, 40K/year. you getting any mileage back from your employer? or is that just your commute? if you get mileage the national average is about .55/mile. that should be more then enough to buy a new mustang every 2 years. so put 80K on the car, sell it. take the $15K(from selling a 80K mustang) put a down payment on another one. repeat. Don't ever drive your car past 80K. you get a new car every year free.

If your employer isn't paying you mileage you need to think long and hard about the car your racking mileage up on and how much you get paid for this killing you 40K/miles/year job. if your rich, who cares. if your doing ok, do ok. if your living pay check to pay check. i'm guessing you got bigger problems.

You can all so claim this 40K/miles on your taxes if your employer isn't compensating you and get a HUGE $22,000/tax write off.

I drive about 28-30K/year on my mustang and work pays me .50/mile... Needless to say they pay for my gas and car payment. I get a free mustang. I never thought to extend the warranty because... i'll just get a new one in 3-4 years, I'm confident I'll get 100K out of it.
Nothing to add other then this is an excellent post that should be read by everyone.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I commute and drive about 40,000 miles per year. I've put 93,000 miles on my 2016 Mustang so far and will burn through the rest of my extended warranty (150,000 miles) in a year and a half.
Do you drive delivery for that Pizza Hut in L.A. that accidentally included S.F. in their delivery area?
Sponsored