Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 Owners

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Does anyone have any track times on the Precision/Turbonetics drop in upgrade yet?

I have an Esslinger motor on the way, and now need to decide between the VS2+ or the precision/turbonetics turbos this spring.
Post 424 is all you need..

Vargas v2 mate ..:headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Does anyone have any track times on the Precision/Turbonetics drop in upgrade yet?

I have an Esslinger motor on the way, and now need to decide between the VS2+ or the precision/turbonetics turbos this spring.
My buddy has the Precision/Turbonetics sitting in his office. He is just waiting for one more round of parts to show up before he installs it.

I am very eager to see how it is.

I wish I could have sat it side by side with my VS2. I am thinking the VS2 is physically smaller looking, but has a larger wheel.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Precision/turbonetics turbo this past weekend that replace my Vargas Stage 2 turbo. All I can say is I could have saved the 2k I spent a year ago on Vargas.
How about a photo of your wasted money mate..

Funny buy for fun of it..lol
Dyno numbers please.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
What is the model number on the turbo?

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never dyno'd the Vargas since I didn't want it to blow up on me.

25862936648_8a4cb7f650_c.jpg
Are they same size?

Housing any difference in waste gate flap?

What extruder size exaust and cold side dude all kidding aside wish a dyno was near by.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
A tuner is not going to blow a turbo up, especially Adam. He might have a few 'hero' cars he goes big with, but for everyone else he hooks you up with a good safe tune.
Not intentionally if that is what you mean. Compressor surges will sure as shit blow a turbo up though. I'm no engineer, but considering the size of the Vargas, the insides of it are likely spinning like crazy to keep up with the changes in air flow and delivery pressure. Tolerances are small. Between aggressive tuning, and a tight margin of error turbo, you can run into trouble. Aggressive tunning does not mean just cranking up the PSI, but also the overall spooling characteristics of the turbo and what it was made to do. The precision turbos housings and compressors look larger than a vargas just looking at the picture.

Last edited:

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I installed the Precision/turbonetics turbo this past weekend that replace my Vargas Stage 2 turbo. All I can say is I could have saved the 2k I spent a year ago on Vargas.
Is it water cooled?

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not intentionally if that is what you mean. Compressor surges will sure as shit blow a turbo up though. I'm no engineer, but considering the size of the Vargas, the insides of it are likely spinning like crazy to keep up with the changes in air flow and delivery pressure. Tolerances are small. Between aggressive tuning, and a tight margin of error turbo, you can run into trouble. Aggressive tunning does not mean just cranking up the PSI, but also the overall spooling characteristics of the turbo and what it was made to do. The precision turbos housings and compressors look larger than a vargas just looking at the picture.
Can I say a good B.O.V will take care of this issue !!stack bombas adaptor with gfb solenoid and stock electronics from ecu sorted..:cheers:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Post one photo I would like to see this carnage..:shrug:
You gotta join a few FB groups. There are several photos and reports from people with blown turbos.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's every post bro, it's doing my nut in. Let it drop both seem bitter and annoyed. It says more about a company to me, if they admit liability if it's their fault, and then say "but this is how we've fixed it, it wont happen again, all good, we'll still sell X a Turbo or Y will tune it, but, we prefer to tune Z, or sell yo XY" (Delete sentence for each vendor).

Everyone has seen, either here, facebook etc, this shit show, and everyone, is fucking BORED of reading it over and over again.

Tony, please work on just smashing things with the Turbo, adam can work on tunes, leave each other alone and just don't talk about each other. I know how sue happy you americans are, the last thing i want to see is one or both of you in a court case for slander, and harrassment.

Let this go. (both of you that is) :)
I have a good lawyer on retention on a daily payroll this not what you call slander when it come to a forum of this nature mate..:headbonk:

This is a place for reporting facts and not fluff..:cheers:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never dyno'd the Vargas since I didn't want it to blow up on me.

25862936648_8a4cb7f650_c.jpg
Vargas turbo for sale it looks in good nick to me . I would run it in my car blow some doors open on track or streets.
Sponsored