Sponsored

2020 Mach 1!

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If I was to merge an SUV and a convertible Mustang (actually maybe an F-150 and a Mustang). I would do something similar to this.
Ford-FG_Falcon_Ute_XR8-2008-1600-01.jpg
Sponsored

Swamp-Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty
If a Ford product with a Mach 1 name plate ever rolls out of a factory that isn’t a Mustang sports coupe, I will @&$#% buy a Camaro or a Challenger. I am not alone. There are many thousands of Mustang fans who feel the same. You people who inhabit the Ford executive suite take heed. You’re screwing with something that borders on the sacred for a lot of people. Don’t do it.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Petition?

I just cant believe that Ford themselves would find it anything but pure sacrilege to call any vehicle a Mach other than a Mustang, let alone an electric SUV - you've got to be kidding?!? This decision is incredibly disheartening to us Mustang/Mach fans & owners alike. Being a loyal Ford buyer, I've never felt more betrayed by a company. PETITION SIGNED!
Where do I sign the petition?

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Signed here as well. Only 111 sign ups as of now, c'mon guys, let's blow this thing wide open!

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
I wonder if this is a gimmick to see how strong the interest is in a Mach 1. Anybody remember the "New Coke" experiment? I think a Mach 1 done right would sell better than a bullet.

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Hey I didn't say I wanted that! Its much preferable to a damn SUV though, isn't it? I was just saying if they're going to pull stupid crap with names like that, I'd be able to take that much better..

Sorry Ponyboy wasn't trying to target you just pissed at this whole fiasco is all.

I do think its very likely we will see an Ecoboost V6 Mustang by the early 2020s though..
As long as there's a relatively affordable V8 option I don't care. The minute Ford tries to force me to buy a V6, I'm out!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
As long as there's a relatively affordable V8 option I don't care. The minute Ford tries to force me to buy a V6, I'm out!
I'll accept v6 ecoboost before I do a hybrid or electric.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Although it would be some bittersweet justice to see Ford ax a V8 in favor of a V6 after a tradition of V8 to V6 owner condescension and ostracization.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Although it would be some bittersweet justice to see Ford ax a V8 in favor of a V6 after a tradition of V8 to V6 owner condescension and ostracization.
I've never been about that. I'm still rocking my 25 year old 93 Ranger with a 3.0L V-6 as my daily. For the uninformed, that's the torqueless wonder that always played second fiddle to it's big brother, the more powerful 4.0L V-6. To me it's never been about the exclusivity. It's about the deep ass idle and high rpm growl that you can't get from a V-6. Some of us are just more attached to sonic pleasure than others. I won't apologize for my tastes, because someone else doesn't get it.

When I was looking for a regular cab F-150, there was a 2014 Tremor in town in the blue flame color that I wanted. I test drove it but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on it. Instead I drove 4 hours to Clifton, TX to test drive and buy the last 2014 regular cab blue flame f150 in the state with a 5.0. It was 1 of only 2 left in the nation in that color. The other one was in California. It was that important to me.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I'll accept v6 ecoboost before I do a hybrid or electric.
I'd prefer it if Ford just made a 3.5L V-8 ecoboost and didn't force me to have to listen to the wet fart exhaust tone of the V-6.

I wouldn't mind a couple of electric motors powering the front wheels so long as they could keep the weight down. But that will probably require downsizing the car to SN-95 size or using some ungodly expensive lightweight materials that will make it cost prohibitive.

Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't it be great if Ford was just trolling the world? Seeing all the outrage and speculation, while they sit behind their desks and read all the statements, like an episode of "Mean Tweets" on Jimmy Kimmel?

They keep a tight lid on everything, ensure NOTHING leaks, then release some badass, AWD V8 Hybrid Mustang (possibly hatchback?) that not only tears up at the street and strip, but also has room for Junior and a weeks worth of groceries...

...but just like the previous posts, it's all speculation and hopeless wonder.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't it be great if Ford was just trolling the world? Seeing all the outrage and speculation, while they sit behind their desks and read all the statements, like an episode of "Mean Tweets" on Jimmy Kimmel?

They keep a tight lid on everything, ensure NOTHING leaks, then release some badass, AWD V8 Hybrid Mustang (possibly hatchback?) that not only tears up at the street and strip, but also has room for Junior and a weeks worth of groceries...

...but just like the previous posts, it's all speculation and hopeless wonder.
I would have a whole new love for ford if that were the case :ford::lol:

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
As a former 03 Mach1 owner, I signed the petition.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
To quote someone from the mach1 forums:

I've contact someone at Ford whom some of us know, and his response indicated that this is a pet project of the new Ford CEO, so it doesn't look good for the home team.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
To quote someone from the mach1 forums:
But of course it is.... Again, he can have is electric SUV. Just call it anything else but Mach 1. :frusty:

Signed the petition.
Sponsored