Sponsored

really bad millage

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
hi all

i have a 2015 auto v6 mustang , bought it as second hand with 30k on it , it was doing good but since some weeks ago it gives 10.3 mpg so i was woundering what can be the cause what should i keep an eye for , i drive normally , trying to keep my rpm under 20

any help would be appreciated and since its the second hand car do i need to change the spark plugs or automatic gearbox oil , or benzin filter ?

thank you
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Should not need spark plugs, transmission fluid (gearbox oil) or an fuel (benzin) filter at 30K KM or even 100K KM with normal driving. How far are you going on one tank full to empty? Any leaks under the car at the rear? Any gas smell?

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Should not need spark plugs, transmission fluid (gearbox oil) or an fuel (benzin) filter at 30K KM or even 100K KM with normal driving. How far are you going on one tank full to empty? Any leaks under the car at the rear? Any gas smell?

thank you its not km but miles , so its about 59k on it if i want to translate it to kms

on 100km it drinks up half of the tank

it has a really strong smell when i start it but then it goes away and there is no leaks under it

when should i consider changing the spark plugs , timing and transmition fluid ?

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Have you actually filled up, tracked the miles between fillups or are you relying on that POS computer?

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Have you actually filled up, tracked the miles between fillups or are you relying on that POS computer?
im relying on the pos computer and the fact that i have drove like 20 times in a small city and the tank is already half empty

the otherthing is the smell of the car when i start it , its like raw fuel

and i think the car had this engine light i took it to the dealer they said they dont know and removed it and said if it happens again bring it , i serched for the erorrs on internet some was realated to battery one was related to the purge valve and another to some secondary air pump or something like that

thank you for ur help

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
You should get over 300 miles on a tank driving in the city.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Possible Cats clogged...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Either the gas tank capacity is 20 gallons or I am living in the wrong "city" but I get 17.5 avg mpg driving city+highway, 6 speed, no redlining or hard launching and at best I get 225 or so miles per tank.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Either the gas tank capacity is 20 gallons or I am living in the wrong "city" but I get 17.5 avg mpg driving city+highway, 6 speed, no redlining or hard launching and at best I get 225 or so miles per tank.
I get similar milage and I drive city + highway. Sometimes I get better milage when I do more highway driving. I guess either our cars a broken or people need to look at what a city is.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The only time I have ever had that was when I drove like a granny to pick up my mufflers in an area 2.5 hours away. I got up to 26.6MPG and had a displayed range of 388 miles to empty. Any other time I average right around 19MPG which has the range display sub-300 every time I fill up.

Getting 300 isn't something I'd expect in the city honestly, maybe on a nice highway cruise like what I was doing, but in the city there are too many lights and just stop and go in general which decreases your mileage.

Sponsored
OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
also if you guys mind to tell me about these :

when should i check the spark plugs ? 100 k mile ?

trasnmittion fluid 100 k as well ?

air filter is 30 k mile if im not mistaking ?

is there any change that one or more of these can cause this drop in the milage : purge valve failure cause i got error code for it but at dealer they aid they remove it if i got engine light again i should go there [ to be honest the drop came after the engine light but since they removed the light i havent got any new engine light , mass air flow sensor be dirty so gives bad data [ so i should clean it up ]

also would it be bad if i convert the car to lpg using one ? the gas is expensive here , would it damage the engine in some expensive manner ? what are the down sides of it