Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned
With a full optioned GT vert actually 1500CAD more expensive than a base Corvette, if you add an auto to the Vette I’m thinking the price is a wash. So would you rather have the most expensive Mustang GT or a base Corvette? I vote Corvette as the Mustang is too expensive for what it is like 3000 more than last year. As an aside they dropped the EcoBoost by a grand but gave you the el’ cheapo 17” wheels in return so you don’t save anything in the end. What say you?
Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I mean it ultimately depends what you want. For ME, the vette is a little too flashy- I really don't care for the style. I also need a backseat (not often, but when I need it I need it).

The vette is going to be a better performing car though.

So what are your priorities?

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I traded in my corvette for a stang... It's just a whole lot easier to personalize the mustang vs corvette, but insurance rates for a 27 yr old was a hell of a lot cheaper for me here in dallas with a corvette... Literally that would be the only reason I would go back to a corvette for a daily.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
The Corvette is the better drivers car. But not everyone can live with it everyday if its their only vehicle.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
C7 is really nice might as will get it if you don’t need the backseat and such.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
With a full optioned GT vert actually 1500CAD more expensive than a base Corvette, if you add an auto to the Vette I’m thinking the price is a wash. So would you rather have the most expensive Mustang GT or a base Corvette? I vote Corvette as the Mustang is too expensive for what it is like 3000 more than last year. As an aside they dropped the EcoBoost by a grand but gave you the el’ cheapo 17” wheels in return so you don’t save anything in the end. What say you?
The Vette is an all around better sports car. But if you live up to your screen name. You may not like the vettes interior space. I was going to trade my wife's Mustang. Til we went for a test drive. I'm 51 years old 6'4 and 270. I flat out was uncomfortable in a Corvette. It's a gymnastic maneuver to get in and out of! There is no leg room. No head room. Pretty claustrophobic. Bigger than average men need to go for a test drive.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I was all but ready to pull the trigger on a Z06 a few months ago. Found the one I wanted and everything. I sat in it and almost instantly didn't like it. Seats felt too skinny and were digging in my sides. I'm 6'2 225 so I'm not a insanely big guy but it just did not feel anywhere as comfortable as my mustang. I've got bad knees from football and at 29 years old, getting in and out of that car sucked. Mustang it is for me for now...Aside from the seating, it is an amazing car to drive though. Just feels tight and looks fantastic. If you can make the seats work I say go for it!

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
I traded my 98 corvette convertible for a new 17 gt premium. The vette was a fun car to drive, work on, add things to, personalize, etc. But the ease of getting in and out and having a wife that had complaints about the getting in and out I just wanted something different. We both are enjoying the heck out of the new mustang and I'm finding lots of ways to personalize it to my liking. Had I had a place to keep the vette of a bigger garage, I would have kept it, but that wasn't happening. I am a lifelong bowtie guy, but this mustang is one hell of a car. I am a believer.11111.jpg[
11111.jpg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
As everyone has pretty much said...Corvette is a great car IF YOU CAN LIVE WITH IT.

For me, that is a no.

If I had the funds to have one as a weekend/fun/track car then sure...but not in place of the more daily driver friendly Mustang.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Well, first of all, you're comparing a GT convertible to a Corvette coupe - that's kind of apples v. oranges (the targa roof in the C7 still isn't the full convertible experience).

So first, I'd sort out if you want a convertible.

The next thing: back seats. While the GT rear seats aren't huge, they've got enough room for short trips, and if you're hauling kids, I'd say plenty of room depending on their age/size.

The convertible gives the rear seats the perception of even more space, with the top down, they're easily accessed.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Test drove a base '17 Vette about a month ago. 7spd manual w/NPP. $50K OTD. I thought that price was really good and would have pulled the trigger if I liked it.

But the shifter IMO was not enjoyable. Rubbery and the gearing was worse. 6th and 7th were almost unuseable they were geared so tall. Those two things kept me from pulling the trigger.

Then I test drove my '15 Whippled GT. 30 secs into that test drive and it was all over.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Whippled GT is a great car with supporting mods.

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
Again, depends on what you want. Currently on my 9 th vette since 1969. Currently have a '15 Z51 yellow vert 8spd. Nice car, but traded an older Explorer in on a '17 loaded California Special GT. We love this GT. Just more comfortable and more fun. Great everyday car, as I'm in it all the time. Vette has 860 miles on it. So now after hearing a Gt 350, thinking of trading it in on one.

Waiting till spring to decide or maybe sell both on a 2019 GT.

RWP

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Having driven quite a few C7's and owning a $50+k sticker price '18 GT, it's a tough call. The C7 vert auto I got talked into test driving while Viper shopping really impressed me a few years ago. I get A-plan pricing so I chose to pick up the GT and I ordered with Magneride due to how much I liked it in the C7. For the price I paid, I have no regrets.
If it's a weekend car, you can pick up a nice '08-'10 Viper for the same price with 600hp and they are a LOT of fun to drive.
Sponsored