Sponsored

2018 GT Whipple and still waiting

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Which cars are you referring to? I only know of 2.
whipple claimed on 91 722whp through all stock exhaust.
lethal got what like 755 through lth full exhaust on 93+octane booster.

Dyno numbers are a wash, but that's not what you would expect at all. And both were dynojet.

Then whipple has some other numbers they've published. All together, since this is some special calibration, I'd like to see some more concrete 3rd party evidence where the calibration stands power wise. Because deciding to stay carb or go for custom tune is pretty important to decide long term and short term.
Sponsored

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Are you saying you would have expected them to make closer to the same power level?
I realize how poorly I conveyed my concern.

I would imagine with extra timing from the extra octane, and going to LTH there would be a greater variation in power output. One car is seeing 750whp through stock stuff, the other 750whp through extra bits and pieces and higher octane. To me that looks like the mappings are far apart.

In another thread I asked about it directly to whoever the whipple guy is on here and no direct response.

We all know companies won't hesitate to post up half true numbers. So I'm just a bit weary. Yeah canned tune isn't going to be the best regardless, but I don't want to drop 8300$~ expecting over 700whp only to get like 670 ish on a good day because I didn't do my research.

D98gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maddox
Vehicle(s)
Thought mine was shipping today but seems its a week behind :(

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I hear you now. I know my 2015 f-150 exceeded the whipple advertised numbers by a fair margin....but most of the trucks were +/-20. I hope the 2018 mustang is the same way, but I will find out.

I can say that the a/f ratio is good and it's adding a couple degrees of timing as it sits.

Reactions: GT2

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
I hear you now. I know my 2015 f-150 exceeded the whipple advertised numbers by a fair margin....but most of the trucks were +/-20. I hope the 2018 mustang is the same way, but I will find out.

I can say that the a/f ratio is good and it's adding a couple degrees of timing as it sits.
Yeah time will tell. Cars will get dyno'd and we'll see. I mean ultimately with how much cooling and how big the blower is, this thing should have a pretty sizable IAT advantage over all the other kits on the market. But, at the same time, a lot of other kits that are cheaper (paxton and vortech) can hit 800-900whp for quite a lot less and easier install. So whether or not the fully street legal tune can put down great numbers is kind of important to me.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Anyone else get one installed? I'd really like to compare part throttle drivability and shifting....

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Anyone else get one installed? I'd really like to compare part throttle drivability and shifting....
Mine did. I pick it up Saturday morning (in training)
I had the stage 2 installed spoke to installer said it only put down low 600's rwhp but wouldn't let Redline only went up to 6700 RPM that is on 91 octane California also said it pulled 8 degrees of timing car only had 21 miles on the car. Sent everything over to Whipple. Did a large look good going to retest after 500 miles. Gooeing for the best. Completely stock except Whipple to even exhaust

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Mine finally shipped out today . Scheduled to be delivered Wednesday and hoping it’s installed before the weekend .I will also be having OPG and CS done at the same time .
Also just got back the CF drive shaft I sent back to DSS ready to be installed again with 800 hp axles so I should be ready to get some
track times soon .

I hope it will be worth the wait .I initially ordered a stage I in Feb but switched to the stage 2 /upgraded heat exchanger so went to the back of the line .

Sponsored

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
I'll have dyno numbers to post up on my stage 2 this week. Tuning takes place Monday, Tuesday and dyno results should be available shortly thereafter.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Mine did. I pick it up Saturday morning (in training)
I had the stage 2 installed spoke to installer said it only put down low 600's rwhp but wouldn't let Redline only went up to 6700 RPM that is on 91 octane California also said it pulled 8 degrees of timing car only had 21 miles on the car. Sent everything over to Whipple. Did a large look good going to retest after 500 miles. Gooeing for the best. Completely stock except Whipple to even exhaust
At 21 miles, unless you drained th gas to the motor shutting off, then the dyno was run on some mix of 85 and 91 octane. Ford puts 2 gallons of 85 octane in. With a returnless system, this is really bad. Then to mix whatever is in the tank with 91, overall, below minimum octane on a 12:1 motor.

These motors are far more sensitive to octane than ever before. Just a little knock and they will just drop power instantly. Always run 91 or higher from a quality station. Boostane works wonders on these.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Ran it down to 0 miles but not completely drained. Then put 10 gallons of 91 Chevron before she was fired back up and put on Dyno. When I picked it up on went to a 76 that sells 100 octane added 4 gallons. Car runs very strong now .gotta put more miles on it .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Ran it down to 0 miles but not completely drained. Then put 10 gallons of 91 Chevron before she was fired back up and put on Dyno. When I picked it up on went to a 76 that sells 100 octane added 4 gallons. Car runs very strong now .gotta put more miles on it .
Will the whipple tune add timing if you run higher octane gas?
It would be nice to run 9’s with ms109 on the stage 2 whipple tune .
Any chance whipple will do an E85 tune ?

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Will the whipple tune add timing if you run higher octane gas?
It would be nice to run 9’s with ms109 on the stage 2 whipple tune .
Any chance whipple will do an E85 tune ?
Whipple tune will pull timing or add timing how much is a excellent question .I hear E85 is in the works .
Sponsored

Reactions: GT2