Sponsored

Vibration 4th gear 2600-2900 rpm

Vincz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3
Anyone else have a vibration in the car between 26 and 2900 RPM? Car has 600miles on it but has done it since I bought it with 5mi on the clock. If I shift at this point to 3rd or 5th and maintain the same speed the vibration is gone, and don't have the issue in other gears at this RPM.

Any ideas?

It seems to vibrate through the whole car, I suspect its drivetrain related
Sponsored

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone else have a vibration in the car between 26 and 2900 RPM? Car has 600miles on it but has done it since I bought it with 5mi on the clock. If I shift at this point to 3rd or 5th and maintain the same speed the vibration is gone, and don't have the issue in other gears at this RPM.

Any ideas?

It seems to vibrate through the whole car, I suspect its drivetrain related
I have this same issue on my 16 GT. Mine is at around 3k in fourth gear. I replaced the driveshaft and it somewhat helped. Did you ever find the fix. It drives me crazy that my car feels like it is going to vibrate apart from 80mph to 120mph. Above 120 it gets a little better

OP
OP

Vincz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3
I brought it to the dealer, they had no idea what was causing this... I suspect its something loose in the rear or drivetrain that reverberates with specific engine load...

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So does it still do it? Did they just send you home and basically say deal with it?

OP
OP

Vincz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3
Basically. They said "it's documented now, if it gets worse at least its in the system"... basically if it makes me crazy I can use it as lemon leverage is how I see it...Honestly, I wonder if it's something in the transmission..why does it only happen in a specific gear

OP
OP

Vincz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3
Just to update this, took my car in for oil change and asked them to investigate the vibration again...they are ordering a new transmission. I will let you know if that remedies the issue
Sponsored