Sponsored

FORScan Codes - S550 Mustangs

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
2018 automatic, when I use the paddle shifters the analog dash shows what gear I’m in, is there a code I can use to show what gear I’m in when not using the paddle shifters? I have seen several requests for this in the general forum.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Only if you are tuned. At least that is the case for the pre-facelift S550's.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Thank you, I found this compiled list of codes very helpful. I just enabled Secure Idle and also turned off the double honk from leaving the car while running and taking the keyfob with. It works perfectly.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone found or tapped into the power steering code yet? I’ve read that the 2018 PP2 has a different software code compared to the reg GT PP1 or EB PP. not referring to the steering “drive modes”, it’s actually part of an As Built module.

Any info?

orangina550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just acquired a 2018 Mustang GT in Switzerland.

My car was imported from Toronto, Canada.*

After receiving the car, I realised that there is a problem with my lights..what happens is that whenever the car is on R, N, D or S - my nighttime lights come on automatically no matter if it's day or night. When the car is on P, the daytime running lights work perfectly. when the car is parked, I can easily switch between the different light settings (O, running lights, front and back lights on without the night lights and the Automatic mode).*

The dealership in Switzerland where I bought the car told me that the Canadian version Mustangs are always different, this time its the lights. There is nothing done except an electronic modification to the night time lights to ALWAYS stay on no matter day or night.*

When we compared my car (Canadian model) with the Mexican model he had for sale, my car was missing the option of "Daytime lights" to turn on or off, I'm guessing it was electronically disabled or...?*

Could anyone help me please? What can be done?

Thank you guys!*

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just acquired a 2018 Mustang GT in Switzerland.

My car was imported from Toronto, Canada.*

After receiving the car, I realised that there is a problem with my lights..what happens is that whenever the car is on R, N, D or S - my nighttime lights come on automatically no matter if it's day or night. When the car is on P, the daytime running lights work perfectly. when the car is parked, I can easily switch between the different light settings (O, running lights, front and back lights on without the night lights and the Automatic mode).*

The dealership in Switzerland where I bought the car told me that the Canadian version Mustangs are always different, this time its the lights. There is nothing done except an electronic modification to the night time lights to ALWAYS stay on no matter day or night.*

When we compared my car (Canadian model) with the Mexican model he had for sale, my car was missing the option of "Daytime lights" to turn on or off, I'm guessing it was electronically disabled or...?*

Could anyone help me please? What can be done?

Thank you guys!*
I recommend you download your as-built info first, then compare your actual BCM settings with the as-built data...see if changes have been made.

Then I suggest you download the as-built data for a couple of other 2018 GTs and see if their info is comparable to yours...you may be able to see where the differences are and make changes through FORScan.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

orangina550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi guys, thank you so so much, i told this to my garage, they will double check with one of the cars they have in stock and let me know.

Do you know whether the FORScan tool has to be updated?

They have a Ford Scan tool, im pretty sure it has to be updated too?

Thanks

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
FORScan is a software that gets updated every now and then, so you have to check on their website in order to run the most up to date version.

I don't know anything about the Ford Scan Tool.

orangina550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just spoke to my garage and they said that they need the right code..he said that there shouldnt be any "X"'s..does anyone know what he means?

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Just spoke to my garage and they said that they need the right code..he said that there shouldnt be any "X"'s..does anyone know what he means?
lower case x's mean don't touch/change that value and upper case mean change it

lower case = x
upper case = X
In case there is any confusion since I doubt English is your primary language.

So when you're looking through sheets about codes in ForScan, if you see xxxA, then this means in that string, do not modify the first three values (x), but change the last value to A.

Let us know if this doesn't make sense.

orangina550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for your help guys.

So just to be clear, wherever there is a number or a letter between the small case x's, i should modify it - right? Basically, I shouldn't touch the small x's, only if there is a number or another letter except an x with an upper case (such as B, C, D) correct?
Sponsored