Matty77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Fastback now sold, 2019 GT Fastback
Mine's done exactly the same since new.
I took it into ford at Bolton a couple of years ago. They told me that it was transmission noise but I wasn't convinced at first so their mechanic came out for a drive with me to listen to it. He was pretty knowledgeable on Mustangs in general.
He showed me by holding the gear lever whilst we were driving that the whirring/grinding was indeed the transmission and he reckoned that it's just simply the noise that the Mustang transmission makes and it was nothing to worry about.
Sponsored

Matty77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Fastback now sold, 2019 GT Fastback
Then it's not exactly the same. Mine disappears when the clutch pedal is pressed indicating the thrust bearing. Yours is something else if it's affected by touching the gear lever.

Just driven mine back from work to do a re-check because I haven't even given the noise a 2nd thought for ages...usually have the stereo on so that tends to drown out any odd noises!

The noise disappears a) when I press the clutch, b) when I coast along in neutral. It changes tone when I move the gear lever whilst in gear.
2nd, and 4th are worst under light throttle and tends to quieten down when I release the throttle.
Sponsored