Sponsored

Lund Tune with PMAS Intake - MA Inspection

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
Hey does anyone have the Lund 93 tune with an intake in MA?

Do you have any issues with getting your inspection done? I asked my dealer to do the state inspection and the SA held off on it fearing it might be rejected.

Thanks
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I don't have an aftermarket CAI, but I do have a Lund tune with headers and I passed my first inspection last September no problem. :cheers:

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I should have done it around September but got busy and forgot and by the time I could have the systems were down for a couple days too.

I'll probably find inspection station nearby and give it a try.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Oh, I forgot to mention. Make sure that your Lund tune has the rear O2's set up to be on. Lund typically turns them off on their tunes. You will need to have them set to be on or in "ready" mode for inspection. Just send Lund an email and ask if they are turned off/on. He will send you an updated tune if needed. Good luck. :cheers:

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Do yourself a favor and flash tunes well before your inspection is due! I have been waiting a few weeks now to get all my o2 readings to "ready" luckily no issues yet with the R sticker.

Sponsored

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my tune the other day and I will flash ahead of time then.

Thanks!

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
I know there's a few weeks on this but without an update I thought I'd chime in...

I put the tune required PMAS and the Lund 93 tune in about four days before getting a sticker. Exhaust was stock at the time aside from a resonator delete. I had concerns as well but low and behold, all the smog listings show "unsupported" on the report. Turns out Lund turns off the the rear O2 sensors completely. So the computer doesn't register it was failing, it registers it as only having and only needing the front two sensors.

The day after getting the sticker I installed the Speed Daddy long tubes and a pair of Flowmaster Super 44s. Next year's sticker....may have to reinstall the resonator to hush it up a bit.

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh Ok, That's good to know. I haven't gotten around to redoing my tune anyways. I've been riding my motorcycle a bit more so I've put off the sticker a bit longer. Maybe I'll give it a try some time next week. Worst I'll get the R sticker.. better than my 3 2017 sticker currently on the window :crazy:

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
Yea you should be good.

And your sticker ain't got nothing on my 5/16 sticker on my Excursion haha

OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sticker is a scam. The state just wants your $35.
I learned from my buddy's plate on his bike every 5 years you're in the right color again so hold out for the 6th year! lol

He was saying that he needed to get his sticker on his bike and I looked at it, saw it was red. Realized my wife's new bike was inspected and it's a red sticker so I told him it'll blend right in they'll never know!

Sponsored

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
Yuuup. Considering there were 2.3M private and commercial vehicles registered in MA in 2016... rounding down to the cheaper $35 sticker for private reg and considering the state gets $15 of that (I believe the station gets $20 for their time)... that's at least $34.5M revenue.

I really do hate this state.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have been Driving around with an R sticker since May, still cant get a ready signal on my O2 and H02 sensors

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
Dave - are you sure it's not an issue with the tune? I know you've got a lot more going on under the hood but sensor-wise it can't be that big of a difference.

Also...I just heard on the news tonight where all that sticker revenue is going...Worcester is getting $35M from state taxes towards building the new ballpark for the PawSox.

I bet we all get a free pair of tickets for our yearly contributions :facepalm:

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I switch up to a palm beach tune recently with Rob Shoemaker. He has the emissions all set to factory and even after 800 miles still no luck. I have heard even stock cars can have this issue and it may take 1000-1200 miles. Hopefully it switches on soon

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I also switched to a PBD 93 tune with Rob and my o2 and o2 heater monitors are "not ready" even after ~1k miles of mixed driving, my exhaust is stock too. I emailed him today but have not heard back. Since my car is mostly stock I can temporarily switch back to the factory tune for emissions but that won't work if I boost the car in the future. I'm going to need an aftermarket tune that has no issues with the readiness monitors.
Sponsored