WileECoyote79

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
I'm having Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator put on next week as my current setup has lots of drone between 1K to low-2K RPM. Will share the experience here once installed.

For the OP, here's a good article on Mufflers vs. Resonators.
Please do I would really appreciate it. The biggest thing I can't wrap my head around is how the resonator fits between the downtube and the Y tube. from the schematic i have it looks like there are two many bends for the resonator to fit. My plan might be to buy the Vibrant Ultra Quiet and hand it to one of the mechanics i trust and say make it fit. If i do i plan to ask them to take pics or ill hang around and take it myself. For the future generation LOL.:headbonk:
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I had the MBRP Race catback installed in about 3 weeks ago and have put about 650 miles on it since. I have to say i love the note when driving around town but hate it when im on the freeway . I would say anything above 1800 rpm is when i notice it the most. I have the ford performance tune so at about 2000 rpm im at about 65 mph. I have disconnected the active noise control sensors and even put in a sound deadening mat in the trunk. I know alot of people say they dont hear it on the freeway but i do.

Im thinking about swapping out the MBRP race for the street. For people who have done this did it make a difference when cruising at highway speeds or is the main difference at lower speeds?
Just because the car is running and going down the road does not mean that you're in the correct gear for that situation. Downshift one gear and get out of that RPM range. Most everyone of you the complains about drone has a problem selecting the the right gear and RPM for the situation. You should never be in a gear that has you cruising in that RPM range. I never grab 6th unless I'm over 70mph but I know you're in 6th by the RPM ranges...wrong gear for you to be in.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Please do I would really appreciate it. The biggest thing I can't wrap my head around is how the resonator fits between the downtube and the Y tube. from the schematic i have it looks like there are two many bends for the resonator to fit. My plan might be to buy the Vibrant Ultra Quiet and hand it to one of the mechanics i trust and say make it fit. If i do i plan to ask them to take pics or ill hang around and take it myself. For the future generation LOL.:headbonk:
A friend of mine used the setup I described above (MBRP race + Ultra Quiet Vibrant resonator). The photos below show how the resonator was installed between the Y-pipe and the downpipe. Hope this helps ;)
8765929A-330B-4B24-B6FB-A19ADE53D7A9.jpeg
387D4DCC-0087-4365-9063-C077977F9899.jpeg

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Just because the car is running and going down the road does not mean that you're in the correct gear for that situation. Downshift one gear and get out of that RPM range. Most everyone of you the complains about drone has a problem selecting the the right gear and RPM for the situation. You should never be in a gear that has you cruising in that RPM range. I never grab 6th unless I'm over 70mph but I know you're in 6th by the RPM ranges...wrong gear for you to be in.
Its called an automatic which will most definitely cruise around those RPM's. :crazy:

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Attached is the picture as promised. The Magnaflow muffler I'm using has a single 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets, so it's also acting as a Y pipe.

It made a noticeable reduction in drone, so I'd say it's worth about 4 lbs in net weight gain. While some drone remains, it's on par with the differential noise from the aluminum diff busing inserts, so I'm good with it.
vibrant_resonator.JPG

Sponsored

Manu_kaps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manu
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Attached is the picture as promised. The Magnaflow muffler I'm using has a single 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets, so it's also acting as a Y pipe.

It made a noticeable reduction in drone, so I'd say it's worth about 4 lbs in net weight gain. While some drone remains, it's on par with the differential noise from the aluminum diff busing inserts, so I'm good with it.
vibrant_resonator.JPG
A friend of mine used the setup I described above (MBRP race + Ultra Quiet Vibrant resonator). The photos below show how the resonator was installed between the Y-pipe and the downpipe. Hope this helps ;)
8765929A-330B-4B24-B6FB-A19ADE53D7A9.jpeg
387D4DCC-0087-4365-9063-C077977F9899.jpeg
Hi, I am considering a similar set-up for my 2019 ecoboost, I wanted to check if its working well and has eliminated all drone and vibrations.
thanks

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
He still gets some drone. But it’s not that terrible.

Manu_kaps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manu
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
He still gets some drone. But it’s not that terrible.
thanks, if I use MBRP race as axcel backs with the OEM Resonator, do you think it will work well. No drone and deep exhaust note

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@Manu_kaps I suppose so. Why don’t you try it? You can add the y-pipe later if you want.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No problem :like:

zsameer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with PP

vibrant_resonator.JPG
My biggest issue is at certain rpms it creates a rattle in the doors i guess due to the resonance frequencies. Did adding the resonator fix that issue for you if you had that before?

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 w/ AT | Oxford White w/ Black Accent Package
My biggest issue is at certain rpms it creates a rattle in the doors i guess due to the resonance frequencies. Did adding the resonator fix that issue for you if you had that before?
I put the MBRP street catback along with their 3" catless DP on my 2018 EB 3 days ago and I can assure you that there's a lot more cabin noise and drone when cruising around town. At freeway speeds it's hardly noticeable and you don't know there's an aftermarket exhaust on the car until you open it up, and then it starts making some glorious exhaust notes and tone. I've ordered a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator and I'm going to have it welded in next week. I hope this cures the cabin drone. Otherwise I'm going to rethink my exhaust options.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I put the MBRP street catback along with their 3" catless DP on my 2018 EB 3 days ago and I can assure you that there's a lot more cabin noise and drone when cruising around town. At freeway speeds it's hardly noticeable and you don't know there's an aftermarket exhaust on the car until you open it up, and then it starts making some glorious exhaust notes and tone. I've ordered a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator and I'm going to have it welded in next week. I hope this cures the cabin drone. Otherwise I'm going to rethink my exhaust options.

Interested in your setup. Always wanted to try the MBRP Street with a catted downpipe and the vibrant.
Sponsored