Sponsored

What Cold Air and time do you guys like for E85?

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
First time running a tune and want to make sure I get the best setup. I was looking at Lund and the nGauge, what cold air kit do you like?
Sponsored

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have a JLT CAI and an N-Gauge and Lund tuned . I love it .

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I like JLT personally. Good products and solid customer service.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I like my Airaid. I don't like the open intakes because they rise so fast in temps when idle, but they recover quick when you move.

Specifically, I like the Velossatech Big Mouth feeding into a closed box intake. Excellent combo.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
We have sold quite a few 18 tunes. We use Palm Beach Dyno/SCT/JLT and have a special for memorial day. 10% off when added to cart no code needed. It also gives you 10% off the JLT catch can. That is probably the first mod everyone does anyway.

http://mustangmodsstore.com/Level-1-Tuning-Combo-SCTJLTPBD-Tune_p_30.html

This is what I just ordered the other day. I found 2 gas stations near work that sold E85. I have seen some impressive numbers from PBD, and they seem to have good customer service (as does Mustang Mod Store).

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I personally have a Lund flex remote tune with JLT and have been very happy. It was a progression for me. Initially did the Lund 93 and JLT through Beefcake. Was very happy. Then Lund did a Christmas promotion for a free flex fuel tune upgrade to anyone with the 93. I did that and was very happy. Upgraded to GT350 manifold with LU47 injectors and had Lund remote tune it. I have been very happy with the JLT/Lund combo. If you search there are threads on JLT vs PMAS. Unless you do significant mods the CAI gains brand vs brand will be negligible. I see Beefcake Racing has a Memorial Day Sale going on. Plus you get a Mustang6G discount. They are good people to deal with.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We've run the JLT kit on several of our cars including our 2018 along with a Lund Racing tune and E85 with great results.

Monday would be a great day to save on the package as Lund Racing Ngauges are on sale.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/memorial-day-sales

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
In all honesty, I wish I would have stayed with the stock airbox and an aftermarket filter like K&N.

The stock airbox is actually pretty good. I mean the proof is in the pudding. Look at it this way. Why would FORD pump millions of dollars into developing the GEN 3 Coyote making 460 HP and then choke it by NOT develop a great breathing airbox for a fraction of what it cost to develop the new engine?? They didn't need to develop a new airbox design because the stocker is actually pretty damned good.

Plus the stock airbox does a great job of sealing out hot under-hood air. It is a true "cold-air" intake. Yes, all the aftermarket CAI's look a lot better than the stock airbox, but don't perform much better than the stock airbox and an aftermarket filter.

Don't believe me, look at the HP differences between the Power Packs 1 vs. 2 of the 2015-2017 GT.

I am running a GT350 CAI only because I bought it for $50. I'm not crazy about it because the intake air temps at idle soar!! And so will most if not all aftermarket CAI's.

Before you buy any "performance" part, ask yourself this: "Is this part designed to catch the fish or the fisherman?"

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
In all honesty, I wish I would have stayed with the stock airbox and an aftermarket filter like K&N.

The stock airbox is actually pretty good. I mean the proof is in the pudding. Look at it this way. Why would FORD pump millions of dollars into developing the GEN 3 Coyote making 460 HP and then choke it by NOT develop a great breathing airbox for a fraction of what it cost to develop the new engine?? They didn't need to develop a new airbox design because the stocker is actually pretty damned good.

Plus the stock airbox does a great job of sealing out hot under-hood air. It is a true "cold-air" intake. Yes, all the aftermarket CAI's look a lot better than the stock airbox, but don't perform much better than the stock airbox and an aftermarket filter.

Don't believe me, look at the HP differences between the Power Packs 1 vs. 2 of the 2015-2017 GT.

I am running a GT350 CAI only because I bought it for $50. I'm not crazy about it because the intake air temps at idle soar!! And so will most if not all aftermarket CAI's.

Before you buy any "performance" part, ask yourself this: "Is this part designed to catch the fish or the fisherman?"
Bingo. Get tuned but don’t waste money on an intake.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Before you buy any "performance" part, ask yourself this: "Is this part designed to catch the fish or the fisherman?" :lol::lol::lol:

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Has anyone done a dyno or track comparison between stock box with better filter and tune vs cai with tune? What power or time improvement was there? What are we looking at apples to apples comparison? 5 hp and a 10th or so?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Mishimoto tube + stock box with a higher flow filter and carbon trap removed = winning.