Sponsored

Looking for opinions... PP or no PP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
HI!!!! I'm a new guy writing, but I've been reading the forum for about 6 months now.

Last year I wanted to buy a 2017 mustang, until I saw the 2018 was announced. So I decided to patiently wait until was out and planing to get one by summer.

I've been searching and trying to make my mind if I want the 2018 with PP or no. Yesterday, me and my wife visited a ford dealership looking for colors. So far I'm between royal crimson or lightning blue (it will come down to whats available at the end, unless we decide to order one). I've decided I want a GT with the digital cluster, so it has to be premium.

Here's my pro and cons about getting a PP or not:

Pros:
1. Bigger and better brakes
2. I'm getting a Auto, so 3.55 axle ratio
3. Love the spoiler
4. Summer Tires, I live in FL so summer tires all year!!!
5. I like the wheels, the standard ones are ugly.

Cons:
1. Performance Pack is 4k more expensive
2. Hate the regular spoiler, so it will have to be deleted
3. Would get magnetic ride ($1600 extra)

Pros and Cons of getting black accent pack:

Pros:
1. Black emblems
2. Black roof
3. Nice wheels
4. Save 4k

Cons:
1. Brakes
2. Will have to order, so I can select the 3.55 axle. (about $500 more)
3. With no Black accent pack or PP, the only other option is the 20" or the 19" Polished aluminium wheels ($1,200 or $1100 extra)

I want the dynamic cruise control, active exhaust and shaker audio system. I won't be using the car much, actually it will not be my daily driver, it will be stored in our garage. I'm planing to keep this car for about 10-15 years at a minimum. Mileage will be less than 5k a year and I wont use it on the track. Mainly I want PP because of the brakes, spoiler and tires/wheels, but I know that magnaride will give me a better ride with the PP.

Prices with options I like:
PP: $53,200
Black Accent: $49,000

Any opinions??? Thanks for your help! :)

PS: This will be my first mustang and sport car ever. :D
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Get the PP. Hard to beat the value and the brakes alone are so worth it. The strut brace, radiator, and PP shocks are bonus.

You can do black badges on your own for cheap and wrap the roof if you want it black. Also, you don't have to get magneride. Sure, it's nice, but it comes with a price both upfront and later on down the road. It depends a lot on what you're using the car for.

That big spoiler that's an option looks awful if that's one you are talking about. I agree with deleting it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
6K is a chunk of change.

I'd suggest just skipping the MR suspension, and going with the PP car.

Be aware that the tires don't last long, and are expensive to replace. 8k-10K miles is all you'll get out of them.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
HI!!!! I'm a new guy writing, but I've been reading the forum for about 6 months now.

Last year I wanted to buy a 2017 mustang, until I saw the 2018 was announced. So I decided to patiently wait until was out and planing to get one by summer.

I've been searching and trying to make my mind if I want the 2018 with PP or no. Yesterday, me and my wife visited a ford dealership looking for colors. So far I'm between royal crimson or lightning blue (it will come down to whats available at the end, unless we decide to order one). I've decided I want a GT with the digital cluster, so it has to be premium.

Here's my pro and cons about getting a PP or not:

Pros:
1. Bigger and better brakes
2. I'm getting a Auto, so 3.55 axle ratio
3. Love the spoiler
4. Summer Tires, I live in FL so summer tires all year!!!
5. I like the wheels, the standard ones are ugly.

Cons:
1. Performance Pack is 4k more expensive
2. Hate the regular spoiler, so it will have to be deleted
3. Would get magnetic ride ($1600 extra)

Pros and Cons of getting black accent pack:

Pros:
1. Black emblems
2. Black roof
3. Nice wheels
4. Save 6k between magnaride and PP

Cons:
1. Brakes
2. Will have to order, so I can select the 3.55 axle. (about $500 more)
3. With no Black accent pack or PP, the only other option is the 20" or the 19" Polished aluminium wheels ($1,200 or $1100 extra)

I want the dynamic cruise control, active exhaust and shaker audio system. I won't be using the car much, actually it will not be my daily driver, it will be stored in our garage. I'm planing to keep this car for about 10-15 years at a minimum. Mileage will be less than 5k a year and I wont use it on the track. Mainly I want PP because of the brakes, spoiler and tires/wheels, but I know that magnaride will give me a better ride with the PP.

Any opinions??? Thanks for your help! :)

PS: This will be my first mustang and sport car ever. :D
Don’t forget the PP also gets a torsen diff, larger radiator, wider wheels, better aero and an overall better suspension setup.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I test drove one without the PP and then one with PP 4-5 days later and then a third with PP + Magneride 3 weeks later. The PP makes a huge difference in the “smoothness” of how the power goes to wheels, it’s really night and day (and is probably because of the larger gears :p ). The Magneride made a large and noticeable difference in ride quality too, IMO... though being a few weeks out compared to the other two test drives which were only days apart, I was more-so comparing it to my 2016 GT (no PP).

Honestly, just go to a dealership and do some test drives. :)

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
6K is a chunk of change.

Be aware that the tires don't last long, and are expensive to replace. 8k-10K miles is all you'll get out of them.

Remember 18's have the PS4 tires...should get quite a bit more out of them than the PZeros.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Get the PP. Hard to beat the value and the brakes alone are so worth it. The strut brace, radiator, and PP shocks are bonus.

You can do black badges on your own for cheap and wrap the roof if you want it black. Also, you don't have to get magneride. Sure, it's nice, but it comes with a price both upfront and later on down the road. It depends a lot on what you're using the car for.

That big spoiler that's an option looks awful if that's one you are talking about. I agree with deleting it.
The black accent is because I don't like the standard 18" wheels. So I figure I could trow $800 with the money saved for a better looking wheels and some black stuff, instead of spending $1k in other wheel options.

The spoiler I rather have the PP than the standard one. I figure I can always exchange it anyway.

I guess PP is winning so far. XD

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Remember 18's have the PS4 tires...should get quite a bit more out of them than the PZeros.
If they do wear quite a bit better, it would be great for all us PP owners.

I can't wait to hear about tire wear with those tires.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
6K is a chunk of change.

I said 5k miles a year, but in reality will be less than that (I like to be always conservative with numbers, better safe than sorry). Just checked the price in the PS4 and $1,200 for tires is only $400 more that what I payed for my SUV tires a couple of years ago.

I guess I'll test drive one with and one without the MR. :headbang:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I guess I'll test drive one with and one without the MR. :headbang:
Yeah, many of us would appreciate it if you could try both (PP w/MR, PP without MR), and tell us your impressions of the difference.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Yeah, many of us would appreciate it if you could try both (PP w/MR, PP without MR), and tell us your impressions of the difference.
That will take me a couple of months, since I'm planning to get it by June/July/August. But I'm getting excited, so it might be soon.

Glad my wife is on board with the idea. :D

Can someone tell me about insurance avg payment? I'm thinking it might be somewhere between $1000 and $1500 a yr. :shrug:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you're not going to track the car and it'll be a cruiser, skip the PP and get MagneRide. I'm usually all for the better performer but they way you described it, you will never notice the PP differences. Ever.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
If you're not going to track the car and it'll be a cruiser, skip the PP and get MagneRide. I'm usually all for the better performer but they way you described it, you will never notice the PP differences. Ever.
Can't get MR without PP. :( At least not in the Ford Page. :/