Sponsored

Any heavier drivers out there?

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm a weightlifter and weigh about 270-280lbs (I compete in the 125kg weight class).

Recently my driver's seat started squeaking whenever I moved, including let off the clutch, etc.

I took the car in to the dealership (I've owned the car for six months, and it's been in the shop for a month of that so far) and the first time, the tech said he couldn't replicate the problem.

I did a ride-along with him yesterday and sure as shit, the seat creaked and squeaked (and the rear interior trim pieces buzzed, etc.). The tech told me this was a "big boy problem" and that he was "not even going to try to fix it."

WTH?

Is this acceptable?

Is there anyone else who weighs a fair bit who drives a Mustang, and if so, does your seat sound like a sad sea lion? Should I just go to a different dealer?

I can say that this whole experience of dealing with Ford's lousy QC is really, really souring me on the brand. I'm very disappointed in the fact that my car has only 3,800 miles and has had all these issues.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was 272 and 19% BF all the way up to 327 lb unknown % BF in my S197 and never had a problem. Suffice to say, I've gained a lot of weight since then lol. I forgot what I weighed when I got my 5.0 in late November of '15 since I had been losing weight, but as of now I weigh 35x pounds and my seat hasn't creaked or rattled once.

Go to another dealership.

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Weight 285-290 my seat doesn't make a sound

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
315 here so far so good. Only had the car 3 months or so. I hope it lasts.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
215 here. EXACT same problem. Left side of seat squeaks when using the clutch. I haven't brought it to the dealer because I figure I will get a somewhat similar response to you. I know how much techs despise fixing rattles and noises and my car rattles and squeaks like crazy but I love it.

I have 8400 miles on the car have had it since August 15 and it started doing it about a month ago. I'm hoping when it warms up the car might quiet down.

Sponsored

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
Also, I can reproduce the sound easily by just pushing down with my hand on the bottom left side of the seat.

DaUnit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP Shadow Black
I'm a weightlifter and weigh about 270-280lbs (I compete in the 125kg weight class).

Recently my driver's seat started squeaking whenever I moved, including let off the clutch, etc.

I took the car in to the dealership (I've owned the car for six months, and it's been in the shop for a month of that so far) and the first time, the tech said he couldn't replicate the problem.

I did a ride-along with him yesterday and sure as shit, the seat creaked and squeaked (and the rear interior trim pieces buzzed, etc.). The tech told me this was a "big boy problem" and that he was "not even going to try to fix it."

WTH?

Is this acceptable?

Is there anyone else who weighs a fair bit who drives a Mustang, and if so, does your seat sound like a sad sea lion? Should I just go to a different dealer?

I can say that this whole experience of dealing with Ford's lousy QC is really, really souring me on the brand. I'm very disappointed in the fact that my car has only 3,800 miles and has had all these issues.

You should swap your seats for the Recaros! :shrug:

lol, i'm just kidding though... you won't even fit in those big guy! :lol:

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
230ish here and no problems at all. I don't have a manual though so I just move my right foot between gas and brake pedal. So far no interior creaks or rattles either (knock on wood cause I hate them). I'd try a different dealer.

PABlack15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Im 300 plus, and I have no seat noise. Have car 7 months, and no sign of big boned seat fatigue, lol. Try another dealer. I have the leather premium electric seats though. Didn't notice if you just have base non power seats.

PABlack15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I do have automatic though. Maybe since once my fat ass is in seat im not moving around as much as someone who has to shift.

Sponsored
OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Sounds like my dealership is just trying to get out of doing the work.

I'll be taking it to another dealer in the future for warranty (and service) work.

Ideally I wouldn't have to take it in again, but that seems to be a pipe dream.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
300+ & my seat hasn't screamed for mercy yet - LOL.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
330 here only had the car for a week but nothing yet. Base GT which does come with power seats. Mine is a 16.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Im 185 normally 165-170. Need to lose some weight so thats heavy to me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored