Looking for opinions... PP or no PP

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Cross your finger that they do like they did with the first first S550. I seem to remeber that the first year, everything was package, but the second year, alot of option were then add as stand alone option. Example of this was the 3.55 if I remember correctly.

And since you will buy this summer, it will probably be a 2019...

I know I am waiting to see if they add stand alone option before pulling the trigger. I would love to have a black accent package without the black roof and with 3.73!
Sponsored

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
HI!!!! I'm a new guy writing, but I've been reading the forum for about 6 months now.

Pros and Cons of getting black accent pack:

Pros:
1. Black emblems
2. Black roof
3. Nice wheels
4. Save 4k

Cons:
1. Brakes
2. Will have to order, so I can select the 3.55 axle. (about $500 more)
3. With no Black accent pack or PP, the only other option is the 20" or the 19" Polished aluminium wheels ($1,200 or $1100 extra)

PS: This will be my first mustang and sport car ever. :D
You won't save 4k if you go with the Black Accent package instead of the Per. Pack. It costs $995 so you'll be saving 3k.
I had the same dilemma, and I decided to go with the PP because I wanted the bigger wheels, and I figured I'd eventually want the 3.73 rear end so I might as well have it done at the factory. As it turns out I end up spending only about $1600 more by getting the PP($3995) rather than getting the Black Accent ($995) and having a 3.73 put in after market (about $1000?) and the spare tire I would have gotten ($405) with the Black Accent pkg.

With the money you're spending, $3000 more over the lifetime of the car won't even be noticed. I've learned when you're getting an expensive toy, you should get exactly what you want, because if you don't, all you'll think about is what you're missing, and not the extra couple grand you would have spent.

Reactions: 113
OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Cross your finger that they do like they did with the first first S550. I seem to remeber that the first year, everything was package, but the second year, alot of option were then add as stand alone option. Example of this was the 3.55 if I remember correctly.

And since you will buy this summer, it will probably be a 2019...

I know I am waiting to see if they add stand alone option before pulling the trigger. I would love to have a black accent package without the black roof and with 3.73!
You can get the 3.73 right now stand alone with the 6M or 3.55 with the A10. It's around $500 extra for the axle.

I like the black roof on the lightning blue and the royal crimson, but having the option to choose would be nice.

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Maybe it is different in Canada. Because I don't see this option on the .ca site.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you want the PP.

In 10 years that 4k difference isn't going to matter much to you.

Don't forget, the higher the MSRP, generally, the more they will take off even though it's incredibly minor in this case.

Also, figure out exactly what you want and start looking for a dealer that's willing to offer you a good price on it. Even if you have to order it in. Don't be afraid to travel either, sure it probably erases some of the savings but the trips are always fun.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm noticing that my two local dealerships, that discount cars heavily, take $5K-$6K of PP cars.

I'm think that PP cars have more profit in them, for the dealer to give a bit more.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
You can get the 3.73 right now stand alone with the 6M or 3.55 with the A10. It's around $500 extra for the axle.

I like the black roof on the lightning blue and the royal crimson, but having the option to choose would be nice.
You can't get the 3.73 as a stand alone. The Ford build site adds the PP to the car when you click the 3.73 axle box.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You can't get the 3.73 as a stand alone. The Ford build site adds the PP to the car when you click the 3.73 axle box.
Ha!!!!!!! Go figure, sneaky website. I just saw it changed the whole car :/ that sucks.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I'm noticing that my two local dealerships, that discount cars heavily, take $5K-$6K of PP cars.

I'm think that PP cars have more profit in them, for the dealer to give a bit more.
I think it's true of almost any add-on (profit). So yeah I would agree that a car with PP1 should probabably have a deeper discount vs a car without it, but the cost of the car will still be thousands more and deprection hits will be bigger the more you spend.

I'm at a place in my life where $3-5K more in options doesn't affect my budget but I can see where it can for others. For every $1K you spend its about another $20 a month more in payment.

I also think it will be easier to sell a car with PP down the road vs without it. Some people won't buy a Mustang without it and many people would buy one used with it as long as the price is right (even thought they may not need it).

Sponsored

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
If it were not that it will be my daily driver and I will need winter wheel (hence can't get brembo), I would get the PP without thinking twice.

So if you can afford it, get it. Unless you are afraid of spending all your money on your tires because tyou get through them fast.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
If it were not that it will be my daily driver and I will need winter wheel (hence can't get brembo), I would get the PP without thinking twice.

So if you can afford it, get it. Unless you are afraid of spending all your money on your tires because tyou get through them fast.
Why can't you get winter tires with pp?

OP, get the magneride and the pp as was mentioned the difference in payment over the long haul will make little difference.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
All the pp on the lots around my area did not even have 401a, even worse no magneride to check out. not a good selection, but I think its a bit early

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You can get either winter/all-season tires, or a complete 2nd set of wheels and winter/all-season tires for a PP car, easy peasy.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
All the pp on the lots around my area did not even have 401a, even worse no magneride to check out. not a good selection, but I think its a bit early
You may have to order one depending on where you live and how many dealers. With all those add-ons the prices get up there and some dealers may not want $50K+ Mustang's sitting on the lot.
Sponsored