[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just seems like a relatively inexpensive insurance policy to do the OPGs, assuming you wouldn't pay for labor.
It is inexpensive, but it is significant work to tear into that. Not exactly bolt on stuff here.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
2018 intake install complete. You have to adapt the vacume lines for the brake booster and for the evap purge. I used 3/8s fuel line for both. As for the imrcs the plugs for the position sensors are different and require to be replaced and rewired. Haven't got the final tune revision yet as I am working out of town hopefully by next Friday everything will be finished and it will go back to the dyno for before/after numbers.
People like you are the true Pioneers of the car modding world. :cheers: While I might not be doing it I respect that time and risk people take to experiment and try these things on their own cars.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
OPG talk... fear mongering created by part manufacturers and sellers... the end.

Sponsored

turbojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT A10
Has anyone seen a comparison on the 18 vs. gt350 intake on a boosted car? Just wondering how that changes things.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
IMO if you are going the boosted route, I would go with something that doesn't have IMRC's at all. Like the Stinger, Boss or CJ.

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've got a 2018 manifold on order from Koon's. It's going on my 17 base PP car with frpp2, airaid filter, velossa bigmouth, and Pypes hbox catback.

Based on the graphs I think the 18 manifold will work well with the frpp2.

Probably will order the pigtails from MAK when they're back in stock but if somebody puts together plug & play adapters in the meantime I'd buy em.

Hoping to find a local shop in the Phx area that will do before/after dynos. Reached out to AMP but haven't heard back yet.

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've got a 2018 manifold on order from Koon's. It's going on my 17 base PP car with frpp2, airaid filter, velossa bigmouth, and Pypes hbox catback.

Based on the graphs I think the 18 manifold will work well with the frpp2.

Probably will order the pigtails from MAK when they're back in stock but if somebody puts together plug & play adapters in the meantime I'd buy em.

Hoping to find a local shop in the Phx area that will do before/after dynos. Reached out to AMP but haven't heard back yet.
Who is going to tune for the 2018 Manifold?

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why wouldn't everyone? It's basically a GT350 tune with a factory TB start and tweak from there, no? Shouldn't be rocket surgery, I'd hope.
I was inquiring due to his FRPP2 kit...

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT