Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
No Fog Lights?

Doesn’t look like they’re using the ‘18 Turn Signal/Fog Light Module.
665F6D19-C574-4C9D-9906-14F5323D4506.jpeg
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Got inside info from a guy at Romeo Plant.

The FPC continues for 2019MY and POSSIBLY 2020MY as well. I don’t know why there’s no VIN data regarding the FPC but that’s the information that I got.

If you guys think this is BS, feel free to contact your nearest friend at Romeo :shrug:
So is there going to be a power bump, a DCT option, or same old same old for 5 or 6 solid years? I'm confident it will get a make over with digital dash etc. Would have to figure some sort of upgrades coming.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang

The FPC continues for 2019MY and POSSIBLY 2020MY as well. I don’t know why there’s no VIN data regarding the FPC but that’s the information that I got.

If you guys think this is BS, feel free to contact your nearest friend at Romeo :shrug:
We did get that report a while back that they would continue building the motor through 2019. This confirms that. We will just have to see if the recent news contradicts that.

My plant contact also thinks they will build through 19, but a lot of other activity has been going on lately that may mean something else. Only time will tell...

thanks for the update

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
So is there going to be a power bump, a DCT option, or same old same old for 5 or 6 solid years? I'm confident it will get a make over with digital dash etc. Would have to figure some sort of upgrades coming.
Maybe they keep the GT350 very simple (same old same old) with just trim upgrades or maybe they improve it's "track abilities" like a "baby GT500" but without the extra power-price.

Btw... I'm starting to believe that the reason they are keeping the GT350 is because of the price gap :( is it going to be that expensive? (GT500)

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Unspoken, more would always be better!!!!! They bout got me beat down! I might would take an eco boost V6 at this point! Maybe that's their plan!! Wear at us the hell down so like 642hp sounds good. Lol!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Assuming that your source at the Romeo engine plant is correct, would you suggest that the GT350/GT350R is going to continue for another model year?

If so is Ford going to continue to stuff the FPC engine into the same GT350/R body style for a 5th year in a row?

:shrug:

Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Assuming that your source at the Romeo engine plant is correct, would you suggest that the GT350/GT350R is going to continue for another model year?

If so is Ford going to continue to stuff the FPC engine into the same GT350/R body style for a 5th year in a row?

:shrug:
Most likely :shrug:

Not really satisfied by that

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Most people didnt like the 2018 front end either but once you see it in person it looks way better and the Bullitt looks killer with the 2018 front end so does the red rendering with the 2018 style headlights and GT350ish bumper.

If they use the old style headlights when the base 4 cylinders have the new 2018 front clip that is NOT going to sit well with people!!

I mean really hell this car so long over due itll be the model yeal 2020 GT500 with headlights that are 5 years old thats pretty absurd and will be a gigantic mistake. Sorry no way i can really put that nicely.
I was a little miffed at first because it took away some things I liked bout the 15-17. But I agree now that the 18 is the way forward. Looks more modern, aggressive, and makes the older model look dated. I do feel, however, that the 15-17 was a more cohesive look. The new model front end doesn’t exactly match the rear to me. That’s not a knock on the front end either. They should have done more to the rear end as well as the side moldings to match the front.

But speaking to the GT500 specifically, it’s obviously a departure from the 15-17 style as well as the 18 style and even the 350 style. So the old 2015 V6 style headlights are very out of place. Even in the teaser video, you can see the housing shape doesn’t match well with the vent shape it’s supposed to “disappear” into.

They should either go ahead and use the new lights or create a new set just for the 500.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Very hard to imagine a 5th MY in a row with the same body style especially for the GT350/R but if so Ford is really pushing the limit with the Mustang community.

Even harder to imagine would be a new body style for a 2019 GT350.

Then again I would never have thought that I would ever see where I would receive a 2015, 2016 and 2017 GT350/R all in the same calendar year (less than 7 months) and that happened to me during 2016 therefore I have learned to never say never with Ford.

Just have to sit back and watch this all unfold over the next 6 months.

;);)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, me either. It's just so strange to keep it... since it seems most are projecting that the PP2 will outperform the standard GT350 for a lower price, it seems that it just doesn't have much of a place anymore. It seems logical for them to discontinue the standard GT350 and only keep the R, but then all the current R owners will be pissed because their values will start dropping. Keeping the GT350 just seems like a mess altogether if they don't improve on it at all.

I was a little miffed at first because it took away some things I liked bout the 15-17. But I agree now that the 18 is the way forward. Looks more modern, aggressive, and makes the older model look dated. I do feel, however, that the 15-17 was a more cohesive look. The new model front end doesn’t exactly match the rear to me. That’s not a knock on the front end either. They should have done more to the rear end as well as the side moldings to match the front.

But speaking to the GT500 specifically, it’s obviously a departure from the 15-17 style as well as the 18 style and even the 350 style. So the old 2015 V6 style headlights are very out of place. Even in the teaser video, you can see the housing shape doesn’t match well with the vent shape it’s supposed to “disappear” into.

They should either go ahead and use the new lights or create a new set just for the 500.
100% agree. Like i've been saying, I think the shape of the vents combined with how parallel the 15-17 lights are to the ground is going to give the "face" of the car a drowsy look. 2018 headlights would probably make the car look more pissed off, and fittingly so when it comes to a GT500

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Yeah, me either. It's just so strange to keep it... since it seems most are projecting that the PP2 will outperform the standard GT350 for a lower price, it seems that it just doesn't have much of a place anymore. It seems logical for them to discontinue the standard GT350 and only keep the R, but then all the current R owners will be pissed because their values will start dropping. Keeping the GT350 just seems like a mess altogether if they don't improve on it at all
What they need to do is offer something new to the 350, like DI and DCT and watch it rip the ZL1 another sphincter.
Sponsored