Sponsored

Stainless works Exhaust vs the others

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Been lurking for the last year or so and finally bought my Mustang in June love the car love the sound but looking for something more in the exhaust dept. I have read over the exhaust clip thread and listened to them repeatedly and really enjoy the sound of the Corsa Xtreme, but came across some sound clips of the Stainless works and liked the sound a bit more, however, I didn't see many reviews or questions about this exhaust in recent years and was wondering if there is a reason? Hoping to gather some feedback from some stainless works customers or from anyone who has further info. Have a great day everyone.
Sponsored

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm running the stainless works LMF h-pipe catback. So what would you like to know?

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have the cat back on mine for the past 2 years. Just recently paired it with some ARH Headers.

OP
OP

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running the stainless works LMF h-pipe catback. So what would you like to know?
How was your overall thoughts on the fitment and finish, and of course sound how do you like it is it just enough or is it rattling panels apart obnoxious.

Sponsored

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
How was your overall thoughts on the fitment and finish, and of course sound how do you like it is it just enough or is it rattling panels apart obnoxious.
Overall I love it. For me it's loud and deep without being obnoxious. Fitment is really good. Slight drone but doesn't give me headaches or rattle the panels. But you do fill it once you add headers. Bonus you don't have to worry about blowing out / burning any insulation. Like normal mufflers. And the LMF lives up to the name. I had mine for almost a year and still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive my car.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I love my Stainlessworks H Pipe catback. Perfect sound and not too loud. There is some drone on the highway but it's not that bad. Best sounding exhaust IMO that exists for our cars.

That being said I (or a shop) has never been able to get the tips to stay aligned. Which is a little frustrating.

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
That being said I (or a shop) has never been able to get the tips to stay aligned. Which is a little frustrating.
I switched to Vibrant clamps and cranked them down, it helped so far.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
The alignment issue is annoying but the sound is better than any I have heard in person (I badly want to hear the Krona!). They aren't raspy like most of the mustangs seem to be in my area. I have wondered why they don't get much hype like the other brands but I don't mind that much since my mustang sounds different (to my ears better) than the other stangs around.

How long have those vibrant clamps been working for you? Any links to the ones you are using? You may start a trend, a couple guys around here have drooping Corsas as well.

Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I have the SW with H and agree it is the most old school V8 sounding exhaust I have heard on these cars. Heard some others including Corsa, Magnaflow and Borla and didn't like them as much as they sounded raspy to me. People love the no drone hype but I feel systems that suffer from some drone are the ones that usually have better sound, it's the nature of the beast with deep sound. Drone isn't terrible but at the right rpm it is there, not enough to rattle anything or be obnoxious though. Fitment is good, materials and welds were solid. It can take some time to get aligned as it is multi piece unit but once you get it right and good and tight I have had no issues with mine shifting around. Pro tip: if you need to remove take a sharpie and make alignment marks on it to save time getting it back in alignment on reinstall. I also feel the tips on this system to be some of the best out there, 4" double wall slash cut, boom.

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
How long have those vibrant clamps been working for you? Any links to the ones you are using? You may start a trend, a couple guys around here have drooping Corsas as well.
I switched to Vibrant Clamps on my last two exhaust setups (I went from 2.5" (#1166) to 3" (#1167), so I had to get new clamps). On my pevious setup, they lasted about 6 months without sagging before I switched to Corsa, which started sagging about 2 weeks ago, prompting me to switch to the Vibrant clamps again. I cannot say with 100% certainty that they won't sag with the Vibrant clamps but I've had pretty good luck so far.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
great quality, they are local to us in ohio, 304 stainless, also have their power version which is made overseas, 2 year warranty vs lifetime on the power,

can't go wrong either way, hit us up with any questions you have

OP
OP

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for answering my questions I travel a lot for my job so I have been trying to get back here and respond to some of my answered questions.

Overall I love it. For me it's loud and deep without being obnoxious. Fitment is really good. Slight drone but doesn't give me headaches or rattle the panels. But you do fill it once you add headers. Bonus you don't have to worry about blowing out / burning any insulation. Like normal mufflers. And the LMF lives up to the name. I had mine for almost a year and still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive my car.
Thats what I am looking for, something that has some sound but im not going to be "that guy" of the neighborhood. Follow up on the drone, I have had some exhausts in my youth that causes panels to become lose or vibrate has the drone or vibrations ever been a concern that panels will get lose over time? Headers will be some time away but I like that the system has the ability to grow and still sound great! Thank you for answering my questions!! :cheers:

I have the SW with H and agree it is the most old school V8 sounding exhaust I have heard on these cars. Heard some others including Corsa, Magnaflow and Borla and didn't like them as much as they sounded raspy to me. People love the no drone hype but I feel systems that suffer from some drone are the ones that usually have better sound, it's the nature of the beast with deep sound. Drone isn't terrible but at the right rpm it is there, not enough to rattle anything or be obnoxious though. Fitment is good, materials and welds were solid. It can take some time to get aligned as it is multi piece unit but once you get it right and good and tight I have had no issues with mine shifting around. Pro tip: if you need to remove take a sharpie and make alignment marks on it to save time getting it back in alignment on reinstall. I also feel the tips on this system to be some of the best out there, 4" double wall slash cut, boom.
After reading up on the way these engines like to be driven and why they sound the way they do I knew that finding that old school american V8 sound
in an exhaust would be hard to get but was hoping it would be possible as far as I can tell it sounds pretty great in the clips which surprised me I didn't hear about it more in other exhaust threads. Thank you for the information! :cheers:

Once again thank you everyone for responding to my thread and providing me the info I needed, have a great day!!

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Honest review would be that.

I love the sound. I had the Hpipe before headers and my brother currently has the same system on his car. This isn’t the LMF version as mentioned above but rather the standard 2.5inch core.

Install was easy. Not as easy as some others, just more pieces and have to work on aligning the system.
I will say that on both of the systems I installed they each had an issue with the right rear hangar causing the tip to be slightly off center in the fascia opening.

We cured this by heating the holy living hell out of the hangar rod and bent it to help it line up. I think anyone will run into the same situation as the 2 system I installed were installed 2 years apart from one another and each had the same issue So I would guess their jig is off at the factory.

Only other complaint is that I noticed the h-pipe began to show a stress crack. I noticed this when I installed the headers.

Lastly I still love this system for the sound. I think it gives a deep and aggressive sound. Relatively old school because it is practically a straight pipe. However I will say now that I have done headers without cats, the cats add a fair amount of muffling to the system.

This system is also fairly light weight.

So those are all the things I have noticed with this system. I will say that in comparison to others it is fairly loud. Unless you select the x pipe I don’t think you will notice it being very raspy.

I added the x pipe when I added the headers it added a bit of rasp, but I would say more rasp came from eliminating the cats.

Here is a YouTube playlist I put together when I was contemplating the system originally.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoTrewOPhUM3d6xYdAZj0jQxn_YBnJw0c

Also here is a video of my car with the headers and the exhaust systems.
Sponsored