seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
What has me baffled is the trouble and cost inefficiency of having an air compressor in the shop, with upkeep on that which is big for a large dealer, then go and have nitrogen cylinders brought in just for 20% more nitrogen in every vehicle tire. I bet most of the new cars never get any nitrogen, if they do its probably just if the factory hadnt set psi correct to start with.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
78% of our air is nitrogen so its a complete waste of money especially in our current day with TPMS sensors. Besides, when seasons change I usually add more air/remove air to adjust.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase

i will let you decide if there is REAL use for it
So your going to listen to an butttard that bashed all over mustangs. Guy is a joke pure and simple.

As far as Nitro vs Normal air fill. Wifes car had it from the factory. No upcharge or sell and we havnt had to adjust tirepressure once in 2 1/2 years and the pressure stays fairly constant. I've already had to adjust the pressure on my Mustang and I just completed one year with it.

Gas mixtures in different environments combined with heat and pressure do make a difference even with small changes... Just ask any Scuba diver

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So your going to listen to an butttard that bashed all over mustangs. Guy is a joke pure and simple.

As far as Nitro vs Normal air fill. Wifes car had it from the factory. No upcharge or sell and we havnt had to adjust tirepressure once in 2 1/2 years and the pressure stays fairly constant. I've already had to adjust the pressure on my Mustang and I just completed one year with it.

Gas mixtures in different environments combined with heat and pressure do make a difference even with small changes... Just ask any Scuba diver
PV still equals NRT for any gas including Nitrogen. Your wife's car probably has smaller tires so the changes in pressure are smaller.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
“Traditional” dealership crap/gouging never ends...

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
PV still equals NRT for any gas including Nitrogen. Your wife's car probably has smaller tires so the changes in pressure are smaller.
Wrong, smaller tires needs less air to fill, so equal amount of air escaping means more percentage overall, meaning faster change in pressure due to same amount of air.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wrong, smaller tires needs less air to fill, so equal amount of air escaping means more percentage overall, meaning faster change in pressure due to same amount of air.
Temperature / pressure variations are what I was talking about. What you said above is correct too if there is a leak a smaller volume will show a greater decrease in pressure for a given amount of gas leaking. But as we know there is virtually zero difference between the amount of N2 versus the amount of air that will leak from a wheel in a given amount of time.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Temperature / pressure variations are what I was talking about. What you said above is correct too if there is a leak a smaller volume will show a greater decrease in pressure for a given amount of gas leaking. But as we know there is virtually zero difference between the amount of N2 versus the amount of air that will leak from a wheel in a given amount of time.
Well, in normal daily driving conditions the temperature might not play big roll, but in extreme conditions such as racing it will. Actually, it is not the nitrogen that is being good, it is because the air we breathe has so many other stuff in it it makes it hard to control when the conditions vary. Nitrogen is cheap, and high purity nitrogen is relatively easy to get compared to some other gas, and it doesn't react to other stuff like rubber and metal (at least much better than oxygen and water). That's why race cars and planes use nitrogen to fill their tires, just because it's easier to predict what will happen in certain conditions because it's pure, so less variable to calculate, and maybe the molecules are a little bit bigger than oxygen so escapes a teeny-tiny bit slower.

Sponsored

moreause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang

yes is has a special way to say stuff BUT

it's hard to deny simple physics ....

prove his physic wrong instead of trying to discredit the whole thing because you don't like his attitude and then we will see

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
yes is has a special way to say stuff BUT

it's hard to deny simple physics ....

prove his physic wrong instead of trying to discredit the whole thing because you don't like his attitude and then we will see
OK, how about this. At 1:09 he starts by jokingly claiming that nitrogen proponents claim all sorts of magical advantages. He then moves on at 2:40 to additional claims (also wildly exaggerated) that are not jokes and by connecting these two he builds the straw-man argument that N2 proponents are nut-jobs claiming all sorts of impossible advantages. He has a side-bar graphic of claims which are attributed to...nobody. Starting with a straw-man seriously undermines any credibility.

3:33 - He makes some absolutely bizarre and unsupportable connections between the 22% of non-nitrogen air and refill frequency. His words being even if the remaining 1/5 were "completely malignant" that somehow it wouldn't be too bad since it's only 1/5 by volume. Try filling your tire with 1/5 steam, or 1/5 gasoline vapor, or better yet, breath some 1/5 cyanide. He's probably right about "Jimmy" and his pressure loss due to other reasons, but just because "Jimmy" (if that is a real person) is wrong doesn't mean N2 doesn't have advantages.

Nitrogen provides some small, but measurable advantages. That's true. Is it worth $7 a tire? Well, that's up to you. Is it worth hundreds of $? Clearly not. Is it worth going to tire store A instead of tire store B if A offers free N2 servicing for life? Maybe, if the price is close.

Look at all the money people spend on mods, many of which provide zero performance improvement. $7 a tire for something that actually does something (however small)

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
When I picked up my 2017 PP it had the big ugly valve stem covers on them. As soon as I noticed I jacked my wife's normal valve stem covers and swapped the big ugly ones on to her Rav4. =)

moreause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
OK, how about this. At 1:09 he starts by jokingly claiming that nitrogen proponents claim all sorts of magical advantages. He then moves on at 2:40 to additional claims (also wildly exaggerated) that are not jokes and by connecting these two he builds the straw-man argument that N2 proponents are nut-jobs claiming all sorts of impossible advantages. He has a side-bar graphic of claims which are attributed to...nobody. Starting with a straw-man seriously undermines any credibility.

3:33 - He makes some absolutely bizarre and unsupportable connections between the 22% of non-nitrogen air and refill frequency. His words being even if the remaining 1/5 were "completely malignant" that somehow it wouldn't be too bad since it's only 1/5 by volume. Try filling your tire with 1/5 steam, or 1/5 gasoline vapor, or better yet, breath some 1/5 cyanide. He's probably right about "Jimmy" and his pressure loss due to other reasons, but just because "Jimmy" (if that is a real person) is wrong doesn't mean N2 doesn't have advantages.

Nitrogen provides some small, but measurable advantages. That's true. Is it worth $7 a tire? Well, that's up to you. Is it worth hundreds of $? Clearly not. Is it worth going to tire store A instead of tire store B if A offers free N2 servicing for life? Maybe, if the price is close.

Look at all the money people spend on mods, many of which provide zero performance improvement. $7 a tire for something that actually does something (however small)
i said THE FACT not all the other bullshit that he says to entertain is audience

He even stated for you, that even propane would do the trick... but make it obvious that ALL ... contain some common sense exception that can't all be stated in a youtube video time frame

when i said fact ..It was mostly

gaz molecule size and weight and permeation speed
pressure variation vs temperature
even test made by some kind of authority stated in the video
straw-man or not these are facts

like he stated there is some MATHEMATICAL benefit , and if you have a million dollars machine... you go for it

Is the normal person will see any benefit ...not really.... mostly like he said ...better gaz millage because lighter wallet

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
i said THE FACT not all the other bullshit that he says to entertain is audience

i even stated for you that even propane would do the trick... but make it obvious that ALL ... contain some common sense exception that can all be stated in a youtube video time frame

when a said fact .. was mostly

gaz molecule size and weigt
pressure variation vs temperature
even test made by some kind of authority stated in the video
straw-man or not these a fact

like he stated there is some MATHEMATICAL benefit , and if you have a million dollars machine... you go for it

is the normal person will see any benefit ...not realy.... mostly like he said ...better gaz millage because lighter wallet
I have no idea what this is even saying.
Sponsored