El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I finished the install last night and the car fired up. This morning I went to the dyno and it put down 448hp & 379tq on the base tune running on 47lb injectors and E85. Drives fine and pulls hard up top but I'm getting a random wrench light and it goes into limp mode. Ranned the code and it shows P2111 for the throttle actuator stuck open. I turn the car off for about 2 mins and erase the code and the car goes back to normal. Any of you had this happen?
Sponsored

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
tb tps sensor could be bad, damage to the tb wire harness or just a dirty throttle body causing the plate to be stuck open. Check if the tb plate moves as you press the gas pedal

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Throttle body does move and is not really stuck open. When it goes into limp mode the throttle does not respond to any input. Funny you mentioned the harness. When I reinstalled the clip to the TB it seemed like a really tight fit and the wires did seem to be bend at 90* coming out of the clip from hitting on another harness. I will try to adjust the harnesses for more clearance. It only does it randomly while at idle and not while driving. Lund has been notified about the issue. Just waiting on their response.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Make sure wiring is not pulled. The couple of these I've installed, I cut and soldered extended wire (then taped and loomed it all so it was stock like). There's kits, too.

The GT350 TB has a connector that points in a totally different direction than the stock TB and that butts it up against other things in the area sometimes. Need to make sure it's clear by adjusting stuff around there accordingly.

Sponsored

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
My bad, overlooked that you have the 350 throttle body

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I think that might be the problem. I just finished cleaning the TB and moving the harness over to make room and not have any wires binding. Hopefully that does it.

Make sure wiring is not pulled. The couple of these I've installed, I cut and soldered extended wire (then taped and loomed it all so it was stock like). There's kits, too.

The GT350 TB has a connector that points in a totally different direction than the stock TB and that butts it up against other things in the area sometimes. Need to make sure it's clear by adjusting stuff around there accordingly.

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Wiring was adjusted and still got the code. The problem ended up being the TB blade was getting stuck inside the TB. I lightly sanded it down until it stopped getting hung up. Cleaned it with throttle body cleaner and that was it. 400 miles and no more P2111
Sponsored