Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Guessing I don't have em.

Thanks!!
Mine were missing when I got my Mustang. I was able to pick up a pair on eBay for about 65.00. Not something that I use on a daily basis but when I take her out for a weekend cruise, it really dresses up the back of the car.
Sponsored

carlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Still not sure if I have them.
There are these two cover looking things where the seat belts come out of.

We talking the same thing here?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Still not sure if I have them.
There are these two cover looking things where the seat belts come out of.

We talking the same thing here?

See the photos above, and to be clear, when they're in place, the top does not go up. In fact, they have a small sensor and you'll get an indicator on the DIC (something to effect of "covers in place").

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Mine spent the winter in the coat closet but now I have them stowed in the very forward trunk cubby in a zippered pillowcase for protection. However I’m brainstorming a stowage system for the underside of the trunk lid...Velcro straps may be the solution.

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
You really can't miss them if you have them. About 16" long, 5" wide and same color as the plastic interior (grey). It was not uncommon for them to be missing from the factory, or in my case, I had 2 left sides. Luckily, this forum gave me a heads up to check before signing.:headbang:
I noticed that mine came in 2 different colored bags. Perhaps an improvement since you got yours to prevent exactly that. :D

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
While we’re talking the caps I noticed that when fitting the right side cap the tab at the front never quite clipped into the slot on the trim panel because of misalignment. So today I used a razor blade and pen knife to extend the slot 1/8” towards the rear and now the tab clicks right in.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I put them in the closet and they never came out. Don't think I ever put them on the car to even test the look.

I lower and raise my top too much to deal with that nonsense.

carlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I lower and raise my top too much to deal with that nonsense.

I keep worrying that if I lower/raise too much that it will eventually wear out and it will be an expensive fix.
The more you use something the quicker it breaks.

I have a garage at home and park in a garage at work. I was hoping I could get into a pattern where I can just leave it down, but so far no success.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I keep worrying that if I lower/raise too much that it will eventually wear out and it will be an expensive fix.
The more you use something the quicker it breaks.

I have a garage at home and park in a garage at work. I was hoping I could get into a pattern where I can just leave it down, but so far no success.
Having had British cars I am used to having the option of a real tonneau cover which covers the cockpit but can be rolled back for both or just the driver's side. Typically my MG's top went down in the spring, as we had underground parking, and stayed down until there was rain. I've been looking for an interior cover that I can put on the car while it is parked at the office, to save putting the top up and down constantly, as it will likely be parked in the garage at home, assuming my wife doesn't mind her Rogue sitting outside.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mine spent the winter in the coat closet but now I have them stowed in the very forward trunk cubby in a zippered pillowcase for protection. However I’m brainstorming a stowage system for the underside of the trunk lid...Velcro straps may be the solution.
I am thinking about the same sort of thing. If you come up with anything good please let me know!

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I had no idea these were a thing. I have been doing CnC and similar events so I would love to get my hands on them. But I'm surprised that I have never seen them on AmericanMuscle or CJPonyParts. Is eBay my only option? Are there no aftermarket options, maybe some that are color matched to the car, etc.?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ebay is probably your best option.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
You could get a body shop to paint the stock covers for sure, sand them down, prime and paint. But, remember they sit behind some black rubber around the "waist" of the car and sit partially on top of the black roof, so IMO the stock black look works just fine.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Got mine today. They definitely look nice on. I just wish they could be always on. But I guess if I wanted that kind of look I should have gone for a hard top, huh.
20180920_180856.jpg
Sponsored