Sponsored

Post your fuel systems with Pros and Cons

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Who makes the line? Is it made in the USA?
i'm not 100% on the line. we've been using it for 8 years on cars without issue

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I notice the fore system uses a FCV checkvalve. What is this and what is the purpose of it?

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Home built GT350 system. Pro- cheap and easy. Con- only good to 850whp on E, not easily upgradable.

I have some options I am looking at so I can make my combo more efficient (intake mani) and I don't have the fuel system to do it. Should have gone with a fore (or kept my CPe hat and system from my ecoboost) but I have very little invested in what I have and most of it can be reused with a fore hat and some walbros.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just finished installing a Fore L4 dual pump set up with stainless ptfe lines and other minor upgrades in pumps/fc2/filter. Awesome system and zero leaks which was nice as this is the first e85 kit I’ve done. The power benefits made this install worth it and the quality shines in the Fore kit.

Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered Rodeheavers Budget fuel system for the S550. They are built on order and some of the cons are that it runs exactly the same as the stock setup and doesn't run full voltage on the pumps all the time. Also, Tim uses twin gt350 pumps as the setup. There's a little bit of wiring that you need to run from the factory pump pigtail (4 wires). Comes with everything you need and is good for ~850whp on E85 which utilizes the factory feed line. There is an upgrade option to upgrade the feed line as well.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
Home built GT350 system. Pro- cheap and easy. Con- only good to 850whp on E, not easily upgradable.

I have some options I am looking at so I can make my combo more efficient (intake mani) and I don't have the fuel system to do it. Should have gone with a fore (or kept my CPe hat and system from my ecoboost) but I have very little invested in what I have and most of it can be reused with a fore hat and some walbros.
care to share a parts list and details. I would much rather build my own with something to go off of.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
care to share a parts list and details. I would much rather build my own with something to go off of.
I put together a parts list on the thread talking about using a filter with the Sai Li kit. There are many options depending on if you want rails and a filter and what hat you go with. I put together the kit on Tommys car as well using the GT350 pumps. You need to determine what you end goals are. I am trying to decide which hat to go with.

GT350 Hat: PRO: Cheap (167 through summit), includes fuel sending unit, factory style plug with no chance of fuel leaks
CON: Only two pumps, have to drill for return fitting, small feed line outlet

ON3: PRO: Cheaper than FORE, Triple pump capable, Includes outlet fittings unlike FORE where tyou have to buy them at 30 bucks each
CON: Have to use some sort of E85 stable epoxy to seal where wires exit hat, need E85 capable submersible fuel lines to connect pumps inside hat

FORE Triple: PRO: Wires sealed to hat for less chance of leaks, pumps connect directly to hat with not hose in tank, supports tripple pumps for gobs of HP potential
CON: Expensive, does not include fittings

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Fore dual pump system headed my way (shout to [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]). Wanted a quality setup and the support that comes with Terry’s connections and Fore’s reputation. :ford:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Fore dual pump system headed my way (shout to [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]). Wanted a quality setup and the support that comes with Terry’s connections and Fore’s reputation. :ford:
:)

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just finished up my Fore L4 dual pump return kit with some upgrades. Lund did the gas/flex/E85 tune. The pros of this kit are the fit and function of quality. The cons are my tires aren't going to last. The tune works perfectly and I'm running the Whipple as well. It was my first time dealing with and installing any type of E85 kit; hell, I had never even seen one in person. The only thing stock that is left over is the fuel tank. Ran all PTFE lines and had no experience with cutting and setting them up but a couple youtube videos later I felt good about it but still worried leaks might show up. There were none.

Here's a few pics of the pretty much full outcome.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
Here is one I'm working one and shipping out Thursday, only need to finish the wiring harness and it'll be out the door.

- GT350 Fuel pump assembly
- PTFE hoses
- PTFE fittings
- 10 micron stainless filter
- Aeromotive regulator
Whats your price on these?

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Just finished up my Fore L4 dual pump return kit with some upgrades. Lund did the gas/flex/E85 tune. The pros of this kit are the fit and function of quality. The cons are my tires aren't going to last. The tune works perfectly and I'm running the Whipple as well. It was my first time dealing with and installing any type of E85 kit; hell, I had never even seen one in person. The only thing stock that is left over is the fuel tank. Ran all PTFE lines and had no experience with cutting and setting them up but a couple youtube videos later I felt good about it but still worried leaks might show up. There were none.

Here's a few pics of the pretty much full outcome.

Those are great pictures. Is that a block on the bottom of the car near the front? Did you go with 10 feed and 8 return? What type of routing and fittings are on the rails? Also did you notice if the stock feed line had any quick connections between tank and firewall?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
See any issues using an 8an feed with a 6an return?
Sponsored