Sponsored

Do our cars have a 2 gallon reserve once miles hit 0?

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've run mine down several time to below 2 gallons left and the mileage counter is almost dead on every time. No extra reserve on my car.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
the low fuel warning message comes on at 50 MTE.

50 MTE will depen
Yes, I know it depends on what the computer thinks the avg MPG is. Has yours ever came on at a much lower MTE when you're getting 16~18 MPG around town?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Nope. Always 50 on the dot.

Warning repeats at 25 and 10. I've never hit 0, but I'd imagine the warning chimes again there.
Doesn't seem to behave like mine ... maybe they changed the way it alerts on the 2016 models. If I recall correctly, mine will give the "Low Fuel" warning when there's about a gallon left and stay on while the DTE is showing and counting down.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Empty tanks can get condensation, especially during winter with temperature changes.

Just fill the tank when it starts to go at or below ÂĽ tank.
Are you folks broke or something? You’ll have to put gas in at some point, why wait?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You’ll have to put gas in at some point, why wait?
Not true. Everybody dies. I put off buying gas for the same reason I put off doing federal income tax until mid April despite getting a small refund. If I happen to die between January and April, I avoid doing taxes one time. Likewise, if I put off buying gas 'till the last minute I increase the odds I'll avoid doing it at all. [/overthinking things]

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Strange that you haven't ran out of gas. My GT only has 1.0~1.25 gallons left when I get the first "Low Fuel" warning and it's still showing around 15~16 "Miles to Empty" (MTE). Verified at fill up shortly after getting the Low Fuel warning message, and it took ~15.0 gallons to fill-up.

If I would have drove to MTE = 0 I'd be running on fumes.

I think the tank is supposed to only have ~1 gallon left in the tank when the "Low Fuel" warning pops up. Sounds like your system is about a gallon off (ie, has more like 2 gallons left at "Low Fuel" warning message).
You might be right. Usually when I hit 0 I look at doing no more than 20 miles. I usually do this in hopes of getting to the gas station by my house and I take it very easy until then for the most part.

Maybe I'm just lucky or drive it easier than most. If I fill up right at the 50 mile warning then it's about 12 - 13 gallons or so.
Sponsored