2018 gauge cluster retrofit

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Ok...so I have read through this thread multiple times trying to sort out what parts I would need to do this...and I am now just confused. Could someone help me?

I am just looking to swap the cluster, no heated steering wheel. I have a 2015 V6 with an automatic transmission. So what would I have to get and how much might this run me? Also, does one have to have Sync 3 to make this swap?
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Woooooo :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Even if something happened, It'd be on them.. Hahah!!!

I'm waiting on my Sync 3 from them.. But the rest of my buttons and trim pieces arrive tomorrow finally.

6r80 swap, Sync 3 swap, Now Cluster swap.... Hmmmmmm.... What else am I missing... :headbonk:
gt350 parts swap or even new mustang swap :headbonk:

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
sorry if I missed this and it was mentioned but is the process for adding the digital cluster to a 2018 any different?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Teaser pics.

Cluster has arrived and is going in today with housing obviously but won't be fully operational because I'm still waiting on the column part that has the upgraded SCCM to make everything operational on the the heated steering wheel and its controls. New steering wheel also won't be going on today just because of waiting for the column part as well as all the wiring to make a harness from the heated steering wheel module to everywhere it has to connect to for proper operation.

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] What's the last part for? DG9Z-14B561-B I don't think I ordered this one - do we need this for the build? Or a part for the heated steering wheel?

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
That is the heated steering wheel module. If you aren’t doing a heated wheel, you don’t need this part.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That was going to be my next ask, as I don't want to get rid of my GT350 wheel.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I have a 350 wheel also but I’m ok with changing to the new one. The leather is very nice and nothing like the stock 15-17 wheels plus I want the heat.
You’ll just have to order the steering wheel switch bezels if you keep any other wheel but they are cheap and easy to change. I have the bezels but didn’t need them because if you order the steering wheel it already comes with them. Oh well.

Trkkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp 2.9 whipple
I have a 350 wheel also but I’m ok with changing to the new one. The leather is very nice and nothing like the stock 15-17 wheels plus I want the heat.
You’ll just have to order the steering wheel switch bezels if you keep any other wheel but they are cheap and easy to change. I have the bezels but didn’t need them because if you order the steering wheel it already comes with them. Oh well.
Awesome u might even beat me to this haha im not working on It until sunday , let us know how it goes ! Enjoy!

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Is there a part number for the new nicer leather steering wheel non-heated? And does the wheel come with the buttons or do both need to be ordered.

Sponsored

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Man I wish I could do this for my gt350r

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
really hope the tft cluster prices become more reasonable at some point. I'm kicking myself for not finding a 401a car and getting everything else that comes with it for close to the price of a tft cluster from ford.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 cobra, 1995 race car cobra, 2015 gt
I have a automatic 15 base gt and don’t care about a heated wheel what all do I need to order and is it all plug and play? I’ve looked and either missed it or just didn’t find the right post.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ok...so I have read through this thread multiple times trying to sort out what parts I would need to do this...and I am now just confused. Could someone help me?

I am just looking to swap the cluster, no heated steering wheel. I have a 2015 V6 with an automatic transmission. So what would I have to get and how much might this run me? Also, does one have to have Sync 3 to make this swap?
You will defiantly need the auto cluster (same as p6cl), the cluster housing, the switches for your steering wheel and these can be different based on having nav or not and adaptive cruise. The steering column part will also be needed for the new sccm that comes with it. There are lots of variables that have to be dealt with including the coding. PM me and we can work out more details plus your only about an hour away from me.

sorry if I missed this and it was mentioned but is the process for adding the digital cluster to a 2018 any different?
Shouldn’t be at all and you may have the correct sccm module already. Difficult to say until someone does it but if it works for the older models, yours will for sure.

Awesome u might even beat me to this haha im not working on It until sunday , let us know how it goes ! Enjoy!
Not a race and I’m looking forward to your progress and will do. Good luck.

Is there a part number for the new nicer leather steering wheel non-heated? And does the wheel come with the buttons or do both need to be ordered.
Good question. I’d probably start looking at cars on the lots that don’t have the heated wheel and find out. All the switches came with my wheel order.

Man I wish I could do this for my gt350r
Hey! You have a GT350R. Let us have something.

I have a automatic 15 base gt and don’t care about a heated wheel what all do I need to order and is it all plug and play? I’ve looked and either missed it or just didn’t find the right post.
It really is in all this post. I’ve read this posting like 5 times myself. It’s hard to give specific advice as we are still learning as we go. Automatic cluster for sure, cluster housing, steering column module housing and switches. It will plug and play but there is coding involved using FORScan. PM me and I’ll try to help with more specifics.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
The physical install is done and is really easy if you’re comfortable with pulling trim panels. The only mod as mentioned within the posting is the trimming of the back plastic. I am up and running and everything is working perfectly (as far as I can make it since I don’t have the new sccm yet) since doing the coding. I will get a short video up later. Heated steering wheel and other progress will be updated when I can.

Sponsored