Sponsored

Rear bumper cover scrapes

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've been so careful about the front of my car that I never thought that if the front didn't scrape that the back might. I was pulling into my steep driveway and the front had no problem but the rear bumper drug the payment. It did some decent damage to the carbon fiber part.

The point of this thread is to see if anyone can help me find the part numbers for the rear bumper carbon fiber cover. To me it looks to be a separate piece like the front. If you have the front part number handy it would be nice to have that as well. I just have not searched for it....yet. I don't think it makes a difference but my gt350 is a 2018. Also if there are any links to replacing that piece this might be a good thread for the future people that join the Club.

Also, where does everyone order their parts? I am new to the mustang club and I am sure there is a dealer or two who have the best price and service online.

Hopefully if you read all of this that this serves as a caution to be careful with the back bumper as well. If you have already learned this lesson, then let this be a reminder.
Sponsored

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
Welcome to the GT350 world and to the forum!

Sucks that you have a damage already, I had to replace the front splitter a month after I got the car.

There are several dealers that sell OEM parts with a 20%-30% discount over the MSRP quoted by the official Ford part site.

Is this what you are looking for?
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...gine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-rear-scat

More specifically I think you are looking for the Valance Panel - Ford part# FR3Z-17F828-AB.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...wMTcmdD1zaGVsYnktZ3QzNTAmZT01LTJsLXY4LWdhcw==

Hope this helps!

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
If you're talking about the rear splitter part, it's not carbon fiber. The only carbon fiber on these cars are the wheels on the R.

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The second link is the part! Thank you for the reply.

I guess I should have said faux carbon fiber. I can't believe that trim piece is that expensive but such is life. Thanks again it is much appreciated.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
The second link is the part! Thank you for the reply.

I guess I should have said faux carbon fiber. I can't believe that trim piece is that expensive but such is life. Thanks again it is much appreciated.
You’re welcome:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks that this happened, I hope you find a replacement for a good price. Parts for these cars are a fortune. Its all about how fast you approach bumps and inclines. Momentum will cause most of these scrapes.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Read it. Says carbon fiber. Ford is quite proud of it.
“A great deal of work was required by Magna, Ford, and BASF to validate the design of a closed-section thermoplastic GOR, and additional development work was required for the welding process to allow for the welding of a conductive carbon-filled resin.”

So, yes it has carbon fiber in it but it is not pure carbon fiber in the way the GT350R wheels are for example. This type of composites are getting very popular and Ford is not the only manufactures using them for body parts.