Sponsored

Help identifying rear shock PN FR3C 18W002 LE

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Is this a GT PP shock? FR3C 18W002 LE. I researched and looked everywhere but can't confirm 100% if this is GT PP rear shock. Ford has some cofusing part numbers for everything. I found out from researching that the Ecoboost PP has the same front struts as the GT PP but has a base GT rear shocks. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is.

The EB PP has different rear shocks to either the GT base or GT PP. The EB PP rear shocks from 2015-2016 have an M suffix. GT PP started at K in 2015 and went to L in 2016.

OP
OP

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Thanks for the reply.
Reason I said Eco PP has a base gt shocks is because someone is selling a base GT suspension in the classifieds and it has the same part number as my rear shocks as seen from his pics. Here's a pic of my shocks.

OP
OP

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Sorry pics won't load. Mine has MF suffix. Thanks again.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unless it's from an 18 base GT, it's definitely different than the EB PP. Base GT, V6 and non PP EB all got twin tube rears, whereas the EB PP and GT PP got monotubes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
I found the listing. It's by member jayvajj, on 29OCT17, on the suspension classifieds. He stated it's from a GT premium, non PP. I'm in no way trying to argue with you, lol. Reason for all this is because, I'm planning on installing lowering/handling springs and trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my rears to a GT PP shocks at least. Thanks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I found the listing. It's by member jayvajj, on 29OCT17, on the suspension classifieds. He stated it's from a GT premium, non PP. I'm in no way trying to argue with you, lol. Reason for all this is because, I'm planning on installing lowering/handling springs and trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my rears to a GT PP shocks at least. Thanks.
Your current ones are pretty good for stock or near stock spring rates, and there's not a big difference to the GT PP rears from what you have. If you go to significantly stiffer springs you'll want to get better shocks and struts all around. Happy to help if you're interested. Send me a pm. :cheers:

OP
OP

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
PMed, thanks
Sponsored