Thinking of ditching the sport cup 2s

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm planning to put a lot of street miles on the R with an occasional track day (probably twice a year). I'm really tired of hearing the shrapnel flying against the car from these tires - and I've had at least 2 rocks fly up and get jammed/crushed in between the wheel and the caliper.

So basically, I'm tweaking the car to be the most enjoyable on the street. Any idea what a 400 mile set of SC2s would go for? They make the PSS in 325-30-19 and 305-30-19.
Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm planning to put a lot of street miles on the R with an occasional track day (probably twice a year). I'm really tired of hearing the shrapnel flying against the car from these tires - and I've had at least 2 rocks fly up and get jammed/crushed in between the wheel and the caliper.

So basically, I'm tweaking the car to be the most enjoyable on the street. Any idea what a 400 mile set of SC2s would go for? They make the PSS in 325-30-19 and 305-30-19.
not sure, but I would buy them and pay for shipping.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I don't know if it is going to be much better with the PSS. I get the same thing with the non Rs 295-305/19 and my previous cars 275-295/18 PSS setup. I still laugh a little when I have to sweep out the gravel in the garage that falls off these tires when they cool off. It's enough that I have to do it once a week.

Have you (or anybody here) driven in the rain with the Cup 2s? That is one thing I've really loved about the PSS, they are very good in the rain.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't know if it is going to be much better with the PSS. I get the same thing with the non Rs 295-305/19 and my previous cars 275-295/18 PSS setup. I still laugh a little when I have to sweep out the gravel in the garage that falls off these tires when they cool off. It's enough that I have to do it once a week.

Have you (or anybody here) driven in the rain with the Cup 2s? That is one thing I've really loved about the PSS, they are very good in the rain.
I drove a GT4 in Germany in the rain with "not new" SC2s. It was OK - and we did achieve some speed but always in a straight line :) I also made sure the rest of the pack was in front me.

Also - I had PSS on my RS4 - they weren't nearly as wide and while they were a little sticky....they were nothing.like.this. The SC2s are insane.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
my p-Zero also toss rocks up, just not as wide. Comes with a max summer tire

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod

The first time I took my R out, it was pouring (and I mean POURING) rain out. I couldn't wait anymore and had to drive it.

I put the car in weather mode, and it handled excellently! Truly, I couldn't ask for more, especially given the lack of tread on the Cup 2s. :thumbsup:

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
And by the way, the super sports do throw some rocks, but nowhere near the cup 2 or trofeo r. I've driven with all 3

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
And by the way, the super sports do throw some rocks, but nowhere near the cup 2 or trofeo r. I've driven with all 3
Actually, i don't think their that bad, i had Continental DW extreme contact tires on my '11 GT and they would drive me nuts to a point that i sold the car. Ok well i was going to sell it anyway, but i will NEVER get those brand tires ever again.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
not sure, but I would buy them and pay for shipping.
I'm thinking that shipping 4 tires from Florida to NS will cost you an arm and a leg. :eyebulge:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I'd keep the Cup 2's for your 2 track days a year. Or I'll gladly take them if you include the wheels!! ha-ha :thumbsup:

I'll be using Cup 2's for summer/track tires while my PSS's will be used as winter tires. :)

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I haven't made up my mind yet but keep in mind, these are a $2200 set of tires before shipping from tire rack. When I said I was thinking about ditching them, I didn't mean give them away ;)
Sponsored