GT350 OEM brake fluid track worthy?

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I used to think this way too. Seems logical. For whatever reason, the factory Ford service manual says otherwise for the GT350 calipers.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Good to know. I have a question about the Ford factory service manual...where do you get one for the GT350? Or is there a website where you can access it? I would love to have one.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think it was cheaper when I got it but yes, that is the one I purchased.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Does anyone know the boiling temps of the oem fluid in the R? I have a track day at M1 concourse coming up and have boiled fluid there in over cars before, so debating to flush with SRF before if the temps of oem are not pretty high?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the boiling temps of the oem fluid in the R? I have a track day at M1 concourse coming up and have boiled fluid there in over cars before, so debating to flush with SRF before if the temps of oem are not pretty high?
I'm surprised youre even questioning it if you have boiled them before.

Nothing quite like that ass puckering sensation when you lean on them and the pedal goes away. I had it happen once and I'll never do it again.

My personal opinion on the matter is regardless of what I am tracking, I do fluid first. I don't care if it's a GT3 or an M car.

That $60 is well spent for peace of mind.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I'm surprised youre even questioning it if you have boiled them before.

Nothing quite like that ass puckering sensation when you lean on them and the pedal goes away. I had it happen once and I'll never do it again.

My personal opinion on the matter is regardless of what I am tracking, I do fluid first. I don't care if it's a GT3 or an M car.

That $60 is well spent for peace of mind.
I boiled there in my 2001 Ferrari 360 and 2002 Porsche 911 turbo, the Porsche even had SRF actually, boiled last lap of third session --- it's a hard course on brakes! Those cars have much smaller rotors and calipers and pad surface to absorb heat first though, plus probably worse air ducting, so I was hoping the oem ford stuff was in the mid 400s and I should give it a shot. But without other confirmation ya it's probably not worth it, even if I'm damn good at sensing the pedal go ;)

FYI pumping brakes when they boil is the only effective way to stop. Otherwise pedal goes to floor and nothing happens, even at 5mph. Really not pleasant.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
OEM is fine for a few track days, but for something that can last a while between flushes, hands down the best brake fluid is Endless RF-650. While SRF is a very good brake fluid, it has higher compressibility at higher temperatures, resulting in a squishy feeling on hard track days...some allege it can result in premature wear of the master cylinder (had my M3 with SRF and replaced master cylinder but don't know if was actual cause). Endless has low compressibility at high temps so has awesome bite and pedal feel, better than SRF IMO.

Have been extremely impressed with Endless after 3 track days and looks and feels like fresh fluid!

Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I wonder what brake fluids came oem on gt350. I doubt it is the HD Ford brake fluid, which has low dry boiling point. I’ve boil many with higher boiling point, but just barely with the gt350

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what brake fluids came oem on gt350. I doubt it is the HD Ford brake fluid, which has low dry boiling point. I’ve boil many with higher boiling point, but just barely with the gt350
I've heard it's Pentosin DOT4 LV, but don't quote me on that. I recently flushed mine with that fluid and ran Chuckwalla no issues.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
...some allege it can result in premature wear of the master cylinder (had my M3 with SRF and replaced master cylinder but don't know if was actual cause)...
When Castrol reformulated SRF into SRF React, the product became much more aggressive toward rubber parts. I had a bunch of failed rubber seals on one car and since then I've stopped using it.

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I've heard it's Pentosin DOT4 LV, but don't quote me on that. I recently flushed mine with that fluid and ran Chuckwalla no issues.
I have nothing to back this up, but I seriously doubt it is Pentosin DOT4 LV, which is only 509F dry boiling point. a very low end fluid.