Sponsored

I have had a change of heart regarding the color for my 18

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
I like the crimson, but LB would be easier to keep looking clean. That said, I would pick the Crimson
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Get the Crimson. I’ve driven one with PP - it’s gorgeous. (... but avoid those awful gold rims in the pic you posted :p )

I have Magnetic on my 16 GT... never again. It gets dirty almost instantaneously after a wash.
Yep, same. I love the Guard color but it gets dirty too quickly. Unless I get the 2019 Bullitt (unlikely due to cost) my next Mustang will be the Ingot Silver.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
LB looks good on an over cast day ...and crazy sexy on a sunny day! and the SC looks good too :headbang:
image_2017-03-22_19-13-22s.jpg
DJI_0018ss.jpg

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Depends on your personality in my opinion. The crimson looks very mature and sophisticated, Magnetic is kind of stealth and sinister, and Lightning Blue is more fun and playful.

I went with Blue but mainly because it looks good with the black top of the convertible. Considered Magnetic, but it was a little too dark of a grey, was hoping for Sterling Grey but the discontinued it with the redesign (a little more brownish grey).

If I were you I would choose Lightning Blue, it is stunning.

Sponsored

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I own a 2017 in lightning blue. The color looks great in all lighting: sunny day, cloudy day, nighttime, etc. The color seems to change hues depending on the lighting and looks good in all lighting.

That being said, when I was looking at pictures of the 2018 mustangs as they were coming out, I wasn't a fan of the changes UNTIL I saw the Crimson on it. I think that color is the perfect color for the refresh. I haven't been able to see it under all lighting conditions as I have been able to my car, but its a metallic color so it should shine no matter what.

Last edited:

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Which one :)

I will hopefully have the opportunity to change to another incoming vehicle

I have only seen Magnetic irl on a 2017 PP1 car and it looked really nice.
Color is such a personal choice.

For me, I had Ruby Red or Oxford White picked out online....until I was able to see all the colors at the dealership, in person.
I was really surprised how much I liked Magnetic Metallic. It wasn't even in my top three on the computer screen. Actually seeing the colors in person, in real light makes all the difference.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have decided to go for Lightning Blue.

Unfortunately I have no possibility to see either color on the 18 before I receive the car. I believe the LB gives another level compared specifically to the RR in sunlight. Magnetic is also nice but to "dull" here in Sweden.

Now let's hope that my dealer make it happen :)

Last edited:

Sade2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge, 2016 Focus RS, On order 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Good Choice :thumbsup:

Coming from a black S197 and a magnetic Focus RS, I ordered the 18 in LB too.

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue

Unfortunately I have no possibility to see either color on 18 before I receive the car. I believe the LB give another level compared specifically to the RR in sunlight. Magnetic is also nice but to "dull" here in Sweden.

You definitely won’t regret the decision

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm debating LB vs MM myself. MM was my original first choice, but then I started to notice just how many neutral cars (white, black, grey, silver) were on the road and started to lean toward LB. The wife is inclined toward the MM, which she says fits my age better (I'm no kid). MM is is also available with the tan interior while LB is only black or ceramic (I know not popular, but I prefer non-black interior).

MM gives off a stealthier and more sinister vibe. I like it, but it's a shade of grey when it comes right down to it.

Hmmm....

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
I'm all about stealth and sinister at my age, and I'd rather not go straight black so Magnetic is the closest to that color and it basically looks black at night anyway.

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
I hear you on that, ActionJackson - there are about 4 colors that I would love to be driving on any given day of the week. But most days for me, it's going to be the all black.

But you can't go wrong with the examples shown here -- great looking cars.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Color is such a personal choice.

For me, I had Ruby Red or Oxford White picked out online....until I was able to see all the colors at the dealership, in person.
I was really surprised how much I liked Magnetic Metallic. It wasn't even in my top three on the computer screen. Actually seeing the colors in person, in real light makes all the difference.

Same here. When we were car shopping my wife saw a magnetic car and fell in love with the color. I told her that she was crazy....no way I was getting a gray Mustang. Then I saw the color in person......

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Unfortunately I have no possibility to see either color on the 18 before I receive the car. I believe the LB gives another level compared specifically to the RR in sunlight. Magnetic is also nice but to "dull" here in Sweden.

The color really pops! You will love it. Congrats!
Sponsored