Sponsored

Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Question for you guys. KAM reset. Obviously can't perform it on the nGauge like you can with the X4. I know you can do the whole pull the battery cable thing, but can you do like the '11-'14 cars and pull the PCM fuse and replace to reset KAM?
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
gt350 may be different but I always use an old SCT X3. I have left my battery unplugged overnight with lights switched on and not had it reset.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Email, or call them and ask. Not sure what your squeeky wheel routine is going to accomplish. :rant:

[MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] Any update on the new tune?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Email, or call them and ask. Not sure what your squeeky wheel routine is going to accomplish. :rant:
I have been emailing them once a week for an update but since they are seeing this thread and they have several people wanting the fix why not ask here and then they only have to respond once. I was trying to be considerate of their time by saving them from individual updates so piss off.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
:thumbsup::hail:

I have been emailing them once a week for an update but since they are seeing this thread and they have several people wanting the fix why not ask here and then they only have to respond once. I was trying to be considerate of their time by saving them from individual updates so piss off.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
LOL, little back ground for you:
1. Very few have any issues and doesn't work? Are you on the same planet, same forum? Even with thousands of customers making nearly 850 flywheel HP, very few have found an issue. The one issue found was in worst case scenarios of cat light off at tip in, injector variance, maf temp variance, injector shut off at decel, etc. Only Roush would even know about this as most don't even remodel cat protection and operation. It's been fixed and is free for all once its posted on the server. Just like we've done for years. Just to be clear, it takes other 3-5 calibrations every time they send a kit out. Somehow, magically, we have pre-built files that work across the board, better than almost anybodies, and fully legal.
I saw this post in the edelbrock 2650 thread about a week ago in case you missed it. I'm not sure what they mentioned would cause lean fuel trims, and i'm not sure they are either from their post between then and now about checking for bad spark plugs as thats most likely the cause of cat failures, not a cat protection issue in their tune. I was hoping that it would be on the sever and someone would have had the corrected tune by now. I stick by my original claim that Whipple's tune is not the issue and even an aftermarket tune would either be working around whatever the issue is or have the same lean issue, until I am disproven with Whipple's magic tune update.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT

Sponsored

5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Surprisingly, I'm on the same boat as you guys.

So glad they're updating and I hope it'd be ASAP.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I emailed Dustin last night asking when it would be ready. He responded “tomorrow afternoon”

I hope he wasn’t pulling leg.

Reactions: 5.O

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Didn’t read the whole thread, what issue are you guys having?

I just got my Whipple installed less than 2 weeks ago
Sponsored