Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I look forward to the European version. Will you let us know in this thread when they become available?
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I just received my smoked set and DRL harness. I expected no less so it wasn't a surprise but pulling these out of the box, they look and feel like OEM housings, very nice quality! Even the DRL harness, no cheap connectors and nice craftsmanship. I can't wait to install these. The packaging was really nice too, protecting the lights.

I had reprogrammed my As-Built using the FORScan program (details in the DIY sticky of this forum), so that my marker lights were already DRLs. I decided it would be best to reprogram the As-Built to stock and use DD's DRL harness for full functionality. In the bright daylight, I want the DRLs to be brighter so it's worth it to me.

Quick question for Nick [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] , I saw what [MENTION=24202]Gurjit[/MENTION] said about having a little trouble getting the circuit board into the housing. I haven't installed mine but took a look and see what he's saying. I took a small screw driver and carefully moved the wires out of the way but just pushing the circuit board straight in, it hits the housing and still sticks out about 3/16". I see if it goes in at a little bit of an angle it goes in fine. Any advice on correct or best installation? Also, is the circuit board inserted into the socket primarily to be able to access it again, pulling it out? There's no electrical connections on the circuit board so it looks like it's just a physical holder.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I finished installing mines last Saturday and they are pretty dope! I got the smoked pair and the DRL harness and loving them so far. I installed them on a Roush front facia and they look OEM and blends in with the dark areas. I will take pics and possibly a video for others to see a little later.

No issues as of now, but installation did give me a problem, but nothing too major. The instructions states that the switch circuit board be inserted into the OEM harness for the light bulb. That is where the issue was for me. Not sure if its just a 2017 Mustang thing, but my plug keeps hitting switch from US spec (mines set to this) to EU specs. Pictures are below for clarification. When installation was complete, I notice that the driver side was US spec and the passenger side was EU spec lol. Had to go back in and switch it back, then I just stuffed it inside further since I wasn't going to change it again anyways. I will deal with it again if I ever need to go back in and switch it (may need a small tool or needle nose pliers). I hope these pics help with those installing because that switch can be shaved down or hopefully others may come up with a better way to secure this during install.

24127290787_4e1a0c54ec_b.jpg

27214618789_67b484d20a_b.jpg

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
^I just shaved down one side of the oem bulb housing with a coping saw so it wouldn't hit the switch. Mine are working perfectly so far...

Sponsored

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
I finished installing mines last Saturday and they are pretty dope! I got the smoked pair and the DRL harness and loving them so far. I installed them on a Roush front facia and they look OEM and blends in with the dark areas. I will take pics and possibly a video for others to see a little later.

No issues as of now, but installation did give me a problem, but nothing too major. The instructions states that the switch circuit board be inserted into the OEM harness for the light bulb. That is where the issue was for me.
I had the same issue and ended up unplugging the signal adjustment circuit board. They work without it.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had the same issue and ended up unplugging the signal adjustment circuit board. They work without it.
When it was unplugged, does it now blink in US, EU,or static spec. I assume it would be static or does it stay to a setting it was last in?

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
^I just shaved down one side of the oem bulb housing with a coping saw so it wouldn't hit the switch. Mine are working perfectly so far...
Same issue so I used a carpet cutting knife and cut a small piece off. Problem solved

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Same issue so I used a carpet cutting knife and cut a small piece off. Problem solved
Sad thing was, I didn't think about cutting it until the next day lol :doh:

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When it was unplugged, does it now blink in US, EU,or static spec. I assume it would be static or does it stay to a setting it was last in?
Prior to unplugging of the circuit board i didnt power them up, they are blinking US sequential speed. Working fine without the circuit boards hooked up.

My light socket was also hitting the turn signal speed selection.

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Just tucked mine away for the winter, can't wait to grab these up and get them installed in the spring!

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the "crisp bright parking light" different then the drl? Other then it being a little bit brighter? I couldn't really tell the difference in the cjpp video to be honest. I guess I'm wondering why the drl harness is needed? If the lights are switchback and are white the entire time there are not being used as a turn signal, then the "parking light" really becomes a drl anyways. Correct?

When in DRL mode they are brighter than when your clearance lights are on.
They work just like your headlight DRL work. Brighter when in DRL mode, dimmer when your headlights and clearance lights are on.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Just got my smoked turn signals installed and they look great!

Question for Diode Dynamics - my passenger side unit blinks correctly from the outside but the interior signal is blinking erratically. I double checked all connections and everything looks perfect. The driver side lamp is functioning normally. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this? Do I need a new unit?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Just got my smoked turn signals installed and they look great!

Question for Diode Dynamics - my passenger side unit blinks correctly from the outside but the interior signal is blinking erratically. I double checked all connections and everything looks perfect. The driver side lamp is functioning normally. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this? Do I need a new unit?
You should not have the fast-blinking inside with these units. I would recommend driving for a day and seeing if your system picks up the change and re-scans. With any change in the system, we sometimes see a brief period where the system has to re-scan until it's happy. If you don't see any change, please contact us and we can certainly get a replacement your way! Sorry for the trouble.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
You should not have the fast-blinking inside with these units. I would recommend driving for a day and seeing if your system picks up the change and re-scans. With any change in the system, we sometimes see a brief period where the system has to re-scan until it's happy. If you don't see any change, please contact us and we can certainly get a replacement your way! Sorry for the trouble.
You nailed it - upon second startup the interior blinkers are both functioning normally. Thanks!
Sponsored