cars and coffee type events in Portland

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
are there any of those cars and coffee type informal morning meetups in the Portland area? If so, details please...
Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There’s a Cars & Coffee near Portland every Saturday morning starting around 8:00 at the World of Speed in Wilsonville. A few hundred cars usually show up.

I’ve been there several times, but have stopped going. IMHO, it’s morphed into something elitist and pretentious. It’s mostly an opportunity for snobbish Porsche and BMW owners to socialize with each other and show off their late-model rides. They have traffic directors at the entrance who judge each incoming car and direct it into one of three parking areas: innermost to the building (first class, for the 7-figure supercars); the next ring (second class, for the 6-figure BMW’s and Porsches; and across the street (economy class, for the mere 5-figure value cars). It’s a very different scene from the old Portland C&C.

A much more laid-back and casual - and much bigger, with a couple of thousand cars - gathering takes place every Wednesday from June through September at Portland International Raceway’s ‘Cruise In’ night. It’s a blast - music, food, drag racing. There are two Mustang nights in August. I go most Wednesdays.

There also used to be a ‘splinter’ second Cars & Coffee at the mall at Cascade Station on Saturday morning. Much smaller, maybe 50 or so cars, anchored by a bunch of guys with Dodge Challengers. Much friendlier than the Wilsonville crowd. Don’t know if they still meet there.

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info. I had heard about the one at the World of Speed but didnt know what it was like. Doesnt sound like my kind of deal. I go to the PIR one a lot, some of my friends have pretty cool cars they bring, my brother has a Buick GSX he sometimes brings. Thanks for all of the input.

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
If you are willing to cross the water, over here in Vancouver, every Saturday there is a C&C at the BlackRock on Mill Plain Blvd from about 8->11am. Another one has started up at the WalMart at Mill Plain and 192nd on Sundays about the same time.

If you have not already, check out RDM (Red Door Meet) on Sunday evenings near OMSI, its an eclectic mix, Subies, Lambos, jacked up trucks, Hellcats, Mustangs and Hondas-is a cool event most of the time though attendance is usually hit or miss, usually takes up 6-10 city blocks.

Unfortunately I totally agree on the Wilsonville one, its a snobfest. It is cool to show up at occasionaly to look at some highend cars, last year there were two Veryon's parked next to an AstonMartion 177. However every National Mustang day they do have an event where we get to displace the high end cars and park out front (really irritates the Ferrari club!)

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I actually do live in Vancouver. I'll check those out sometime!

Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks Memphis-Ecostang! I'll come by the Vancouver C&C and check it out. How many cars typically show up?

I'll also look for Mustang day at the Portland Wilsonville C&C, it would be amusing to annoy the Ferrari, BMW, and Porsche snobs!

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
just googled it, National Mustang Day is April 17th so we missed it this year.
Sponsored