Sponsored

PP center dash gauges - has anyone replaced w/aftermarket?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone replaced the factory PP center dash gauge cluster with an aftermarket set (into the same location)?

Please post pics and info.
Sponsored

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
I've thought about this myself. I have a standard dash and have thought about converting to a PP dash, but reading the big thread about getting the factory gauge pack to work on a base car makes me think about alternatives.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I did for a time. Unfortunately I do not seem to have any pictures. I used 2-1/16" gauges from speedhut. One oil pressure and one boost/vac. Fit well but had to make a custom mounting plate. I might actually have the entire assembly for sale soon if someone is interested.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Here are some pictures with the speed hut gauges installed into a PP dash trim panel.
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just mounted a pair of Speedhut gauges as well. I used the trim from the factory gauges so it is a perfect match. Still need to wire them up. [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] I would really like to see how you wired them up as I haven't looked into this much yet.
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0642 (1).jpg

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I just mounted a pair of Speedhut gauges as well. I used the trim from the factory gauges so it is a perfect match. Still need to wire them up. [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] I would really like to see how you wired them up as I haven't looked into this much yet.
For lighting I just wired them to a switched 12V power circuit so the lighting would be on day and night to match OEM gauges. The brightness of the gauge back lighting was not an issue at night. Other then that the gauge sending units are wired up according to the gauge instructions.

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
For lighting I just wired them to a switched 12V power circuit so the lighting would be on day and night to match OEM gauges. The brightness of the gauge back lighting was not an issue at night. Other then that the gauge sending units are wired up according to the gauge instructions.
Did you tap the oil pressure sending unit into the factory PP sensor location? Any additional adapters needed?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Did you tap the oil pressure sending unit into the factory PP sensor location? Any additional adapters needed?
Nice install! I installed the pressure unit right where the current oil switch/pp sending unit is with no additional adapters. You could use a T adapter in order to retain the switch and have the sending unit but it is not needed if you have a gauge IMO. Just have to ground the switch wire in order to turn off the oil warning light. There is a nice opening (at least on my car) just aft of the drivers side cylinder head that you can use to route wires into the cabin from the engine compartment. Other then that the install is straight forward!
Sponsored