Sponsored

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
I realize my limitations (it would be dangerous for me to try to put that together, trust me) and so I farmed this out (sorry gearheads) and had the car picked up just yesterday so this is as fresh a datapoint as you will get.

I spoke to two experienced shops around here (really aren't that many options where I live) and they both gave me exact same estimates - 15-20 hours for the install + a handful for the OPG/CS. Hourly rate quoted from both was $110.

The install came in at 23 hours (incl. the OPG) so right where expected and the total cost was then $2,530 + an addt'l $175 for oil/filter + coolant for the intercooler.

If you have the option to do it yourself obv. that's a boatload of money you can save for other stuff - me I have more money than skillz :)

Think if you can get it done for $1,600 or so fixed rate then it's a good deal IMHO.

9-10 hours sounds like too little attention for this type of conversion, or?

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
or drive to us and let us do it for free with purchase of a stage 1 or stage 2 kit at reg price!!
OP, beefcake and Finishline performance are worth the drive IMO. They do excellent work and have a dyno in house to fine tune the setup when completed. I'll be seeing them again in the near future for my switch from NA to FI :cheers:

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thought about doing it myself but after reading the install guide I think it may be slightly above my skill level. Plus I think I would prefer to have a shop install it if I had any problems it would still be somewhat under warranty

Local reputable install shop is quoting me $1850 for the install which seems really steep to me. I thought this was like an 11 hour job? They claim that they take no shortcuts and these kits have taken them 15 hours before. Even then it’s like $125/hr

Those that got it installed, how much did you pay?
or drive to us and let us do it for free with purchase of a stage 1 or stage 2 kit at reg price!!
Problem solved :clap2:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Local shops were all around $1200. Then one offered free install with purchase. The rest is history.

Sponsored

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
You guys are located in Ohio? I might take you up on this offer this summer.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Are you going to be offering this on the 18' s ?
Gen 5 Whipple or Roush /ford racing TVS kit whenever that comes out ?

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
you guys are lucky to have even 2 choices for shops to install a blower or turbo setup. here in Oregon the only place i can find is a ford dealer.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
you guys are lucky to have even 2 choices for shops to install a blower or turbo setup. here in Oregon the only place i can find is a ford dealer.
Road trip to Milford Ohio!! Drive to Finishline,fly home,get your car done,fly back to Finishline, then drive home. BOOM done!!!:cheers:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Are you going to be offering this on the 18' s ?
Gen 5 Whipple or Roush /ford racing TVS kit whenever that comes out ?
yes we will

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Road trip to Milford Ohio!! Drive to Finishline,fly home,get your car done,fly back to Finishline, then drive home. BOOM done!!!:cheers:
we actually had a customer drive from seattle washington recently!

24 hrs each way!

he gets the long distance award

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Shit...he's got me beat! Smart man tho

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
yes we will
The whipple kit is on your website .The description is right but it has the gen 3 pics .
http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/whipple-wk-2622b.html
I know whipple is still working on the cal but are you taking orders yet ?(looks like I can on the website ).

Any idea when they will be ready to ship (probably a question for Whipple )?

I should probably wait to see what the Roush/Ford racing /TVS kit makes since that will come with a power train warranty (it would be nice to have one ...at least for a while )

I am in Indy. Its only an hour drive so will definitely be ordering from you if install is free (will you throw in OPG/CS install as well ?)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The whipple kit is on your website .The description is right but it has the gen 3 pics .
http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/whipple-wk-2622b.html
I know whipple is still working on the cal but are you taking orders yet ?(looks like I can on the website ).

Any idea when they will be ready to ship (probably a question for Whipple )?

I should probably wait to see what the Roush/Ford racing /TVS kit makes since that will come with a power train warranty (it would be nice to have one ...at least for a while )

I am in Indy. Its only an hour drive so will definitely be ordering from you if install is free (will you throw in OPG/CS install as well ?)
we can take a pre order, and wedo have pre orders already in on the roush kits as well.

opg combo's we have, and we get 1 day labor 760 on those

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any info on the Roush kits on your website ?
Pricing ?
The last time there was any info was November 2017 at the unveil .
700 crank hp seems kind of low this days even with a power train warranty.

Will the whipple stage 1 kit also come with one (or will it be extra ) that will be comparable to the one from Roush ?
Sponsored