Tune & exhaust

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
When getting a tune on a v6 dose it make the exhaust louder or does it stay the same ..?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Thanks .. I am also running stock GT exhaust but still thinking about putting on my x pipe .

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
I say go for it.

i sourced a second GT cat back to try resonator deletes. H-pipe sounded really good below 3.5K rpm but got raspy at higher revs. Might be the thin tubing. Thinking about having a local shop do up a thicker walled H-pipe.

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
When getting a tune on a v6 dose it make the exhaust louder or does it stay the same ..?

A tune will not change the exhaust sound. Anything exhaust related or if you start porting things would change the sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I did not think it would. But I just wanted to make sure because I know the x pipe is going to be a little louder .

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
I did not think it would. But I just wanted to make sure because I know the x pipe is going to be a little louder .
When I ran my Roush axle backs with an x pipe it sounded just like a Gtr

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my Steeda x-pipe on yesterday and it is definitely louder. I'll have to record a sound clip sometime soon to put in the exhaust clips thread. I haven't heard a GTR recently to compare to, but I think it'll take me some time to get used to it and let it break in.

I'll also try to get a friend or tripod to record a driveby/takeoff with it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
A tune MAY alter sound SLIGHTLY if it's providing more fuel. More likely you'd notice nothing. A new open element intake would make far more noise (induction).

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Nagare how much louder is the lower RPM from 1000 to 3000 in side the car with the windows up or Down

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
With my windows up and music playing it isn't much difference to me around that range. If I'm easy on the pedal taking off from a stop, it is okay but if I drive how I normally do it gets up there and is pretty audible.

Haven't asked for any opinions on it yet from anyone else to see how it really sounds from outside though.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
For me the tune definitely changed the sound, verified by multiple times of flashing back to stock and then to 93prx due to vehicle service. With 93prx tune the exhaust sounds richer and deeper, definitely better than with stock tune. The exhaust note with stock tune sounds somehow "dry" under low to mid rpm.
With shorty header added, my borla exhaust totally changed the sound. Louder and more american muscle like. It again sounds somehow a little "dry" under low to mid rpm, relative to mid-high range. MPT said no tune update is needed for shorty header. Probably right since 2015 mustang uses MAP sensor and speed density EFI and supposed to be self adaptive.
Sponsored