Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Should also add, I see it's close to min. and ordered some Mishimoto coolant, should be here Thursday, but still.

Cold outside, drove the car normally until I got to a red light, then messed around and floored it to get to the speed limit and I noticed it dropped from where it was in the middle by a quarter or so basically.

Only noticed it today, so is it the coolant, or could it be something else, and if so, how pressing is it?

Thanks for taking a look,

Rogue
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Should also add, I see it's close to min. and ordered some Mishimoto coolant, should be here Thursday, but still.

Cold outside, drove the car normally until I got to a red light, then messed around and floored it to get to the speed limit and I noticed it dropped from where it was in the middle by a quarter or so basically.

Only noticed it today, so is it the coolant, or could it be something else, and if so, how pressing is it?

Thanks for taking a look,

Rogue
I don't know how applicable it is in your instance, but my 2015 car (my first S550 Mustang) came from the factory with a coolant leak...someone at the factory had stretched a hose that led from the engine block to some sort of clustered coolant hose conneciton. I had to wait 1 week for the part to come in, because Ford wasn't banking on a brand new car having a coolant leak. I found out when it came to be late October, and I turned on my heat for the first time, only to discover there was no heat :doh: The low coolant light didn't even come on until the dealer took it for a test drive...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
You should probably figure out where the coolant is going, though, as at least one forum member has had a head gasket that was caught in the act of failure (fortunately, he's a gearhead, and they caught it before it blew the gasket).

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Called, said to keep an eye on it, and it is a bit cold out (30-40), plus let me fill it up Thursday

Didn't notice any billowing smoke and as I said, levels a pinch above minimum, so let's see what happens

Still, with whatcha mentioned, I'll definitely keep an eye on things, though thanks for the heads up ElAviator!

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
By the way, it is member [MENTION=8498]K-Roll302[/MENTION] who had the head gasket issue, and here's the thread on that:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92016

Enjoy!
Thanks man!

Gonna let her sit tonight, and check her out in the morning, should be in the 40's tomorrow, then again on Thursday after I fill her with some coolant.

Worse comes to worse, always got these:

https://www.maperformance.com/collections/head-gaskets/products/brian-crower-performance-mls-head-gasket-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-bc8299
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP2515-160
Sponsored