Sponsored

Guess what? Motortrend favors the Camaro again

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
A base Mustang GT automatic is $37,945, a base 1SS automatic is $39,490. And it is easier to find a Mustang with no options on a dealer lot than a Camaro. The price difference is part of the reason Mustang outsells Camaro.

The visibility is not that big of a deal, I've owned both, the Camaro is not dangerous, it is just different, you use your mirrors more, but after a few days you get used to the design.

The Mustang is a better value, and the 10sp is a plus over the GM 8sp. Mine is a daily driver FWIW.
?

What is the cost of a v8 automatic Camaro ..?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
If GM don't start selling some Camaro's it wont.
For whatever reason, I found their dealerships to be much more rigid on above MSRP pricing than Ford dealerships all through out the state. It just seems silly when you have the C7 stingrays right at $55k and selling at that. You can either have a Camaro here with leather for 50k or a 'vette if you don't need the back seat. Guess what people seem to be chosing? The C7s are selling nationally at 50% of the rate of the Camaros!

Love the camaros! However, the numbers and the market do not lie.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You are both missing the point.

It is not him, or a few others here that find the Camaro horrid and dangerous, it is nationally known throughout the automotive arena. Journalist and even Executives have commented on it (there Camaro's lack of visibility).

Most of the people who were interested in a Camaro and went to check it out, are no longer interested in them due to the lack of visibility and it has hurt it sales (Along with the horrid aesthetics inside). And as such, those who have witnessed the lack of Camaro's visibility first hand, see OTHERS who are driving a Camaro, as making a compromise on their safety for a shot at owning a bargain bin performance car.

And to your point, I have never heard anyone or any auto journalist say they prefer the Camaro's canopy over another car. Have you..? Just the opposite. So lets not play coy, or act like people's criticism is unwarranted.

Face it, people who bought the Camaro, did so because it's visibility didn't bother them all that much... (& the price was just right..)

FWIW, I drove the new Camaro not even a block before I had to turn back, & get out. Instant disgust. The Camaro was not designed by engineers or driving enthusiasts, but by a movie studio.
And again, you're missing the point that I'm trying to make. Sales alone tells you nothing. Without knowing the expenses and exactly how much those sales are bringing in, all you're doing is making speculations based off nothing. How hard is that to understand. yet again, if you sell 100 items for $1 each, and someone else sells 50 items for $2 each, then you both made the same money. And even at that, you can't say who is more successful without knowing the expenses and costs. So yet again, sales figures alone mean absolutely nothing. Look at the Challenger. It sell worst than even the Camaro. Yet it is still being produced with no end in sight. That is enough to tell you something unless you wanna just ignore it.

2nd point, regardless of how disgusting or hideous you and the entire automotive world think the Camaro is, it is still a big success and it sells more than enough to justify it's existence and to secure it's continued production. It's design is safe enough that at bare minimu it made it thru production and is deemed safe according to automotive standards and the DMV. And it sells enough and is a hit among the Camaro crowd. From a critic's POV sure you can protest that it is the worst design ever and that GM is failing and will be out of business soon all because of the Camaro. But we both know that outside of that POV it is thriving and many people are buying them up and enjoying them.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Where were you when MESDIAN was making up false numbers then because Camaro6 believes in them like a religion.

There is no way in hell the Mustang should ever be close to outselling either the Camaro or Challenger regardless of price. Something is not adding up.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
And again, you're missing the point that I'm trying to make. Sales alone tells you nothing. Without knowing the expenses and exactly how much those sales are bringing in, all you're doing is making speculations based off nothing. How hard is that to understand. yet again, if you sell 100 items for $1 each, and someone else sells 50 items for $2 each, then you both made the same money. And even at that, you can't say who is more successful without knowing the expenses and costs. So yet again, sales figures alone mean absolutely nothing. Look at the Challenger. It sell worst than even the Camaro. Yet it is still being produced with no end in sight. That is enough to tell you something unless you wanna just ignore it.

2nd point, regardless of how disgusting or hideous you and the entire automotive world think the Camaro is, it is still a big success and it sells more than enough to justify it's existence and to secure it's continued production. It's design is safe enough that at bare minimu it made it thru production and is deemed safe according to automotive standards and the DMV. And it sells enough and is a hit among the Camaro crowd. From a critic's POV sure you can protest that it is the worst design ever and that GM is failing and will be out of business soon all because of the Camaro. But we both know that outside of that POV it is thriving and many people are buying them up and enjoying them.
Yep. You've hit just about every camaro6 talking point other than saying but....but....the rentals. Sales are so bad GM wont even release them monthly anymore. Spares the Camaro6 crowd the monthly humiliation.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Where were you when MESDIAN was making up false numbers then because Camaro6 believes in them like a religion.

There is no way in hell the Mustang should ever be close to outselling either the Camaro or Challenger regardless of price. Something is not adding up.
Yep. You've hit just about every camaro6 talking point other than saying but....but....the rentals. Sales are so bad GM wont even release them monthly anymore. Spares the Camaro6 crowd the monthly humiliation.
So tell me. How did the Challenger survive all these years with worse sales then the Camaro? How is the Camaro still thriving? And since we have all this information, tell me exactly how much GM is losing due to their horrible sales?

Again, sales alone tells you enough to know absolutely nothing. But if you can tell me that you have data that definitively shows that the Mustang is making more money than the Camaro when considering all factors then I'm all ears. Otherwise talking about sales alone is like talking about income without knowing a person's expenses. And not one of you have addressed that. All I hear is sales sales sales. Show me something that actually tells me the whole story.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So tell me. How did the Challenger survive all these years with worse sales then the Camaro? How is the Camaro still thriving? And since we have all this information, tell me exactly how much GM is losing due to their horrible sales?

Again, sales alone tells you enough to know absolutely nothing. But if you can tell me that you have data that definitively shows that the Mustang is making more money than the Camaro when considering all factors then I'm all ears. Otherwise talking about sales alone is like talking about income without knowing a person's expenses. And not one of you have addressed that. All I hear is sales sales sales. Show me something that actually tells me the whole story.
Their Glut of inventory after release gave a deep insight as to exactly what GM expectations were for sales volume. Do you really think GM is "happy" with being dead last in sales (and don't give me the ATP and rental bullshit). They are so happy about getting their asses handed to them in sales that they have been trying to figure out how to offer lower optioned camaro's to make up for their sales deficiencies. The more market a business can control the better.

As for the challenger, the tooling and R&D has long...long...long been paid off for a majority of those chassis. And they are still outselling the camaro on a regular basis.

Come July, camaro once again will be dead last in YTD sales.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Their Glut of inventory after release gave a deep insight as to exactly what GM expectations were for sales volume. Do you really think GM is "happy" with being dead last in sales (and don't give me the ATP and rental bullshit). They are so happy about getting their asses handed to them in sales that they have been trying to figure out how to offer lower optioned camaro's to make up for their sales deficiencies. The more market a business can control the better.

As for the challenger, the tooling and R&D has long...long...long been paid off for a majority of those chassis. And they are still outselling the camaro on a regular basis.

Come July, camaro once again will be dead last in YTD sales.
This. The continually high inventory through 2016 and 2017 tells you how many they expected to sell. If they were really banking on high margin in lieu of sales volume to make the business case, they would not have built so many.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
One week until those sales numbers come out! Or will GM change policy and state they are not being released ever again.

I am going to guess 18,000 over three months for the Ford GT slayer.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

Don't make me go through though cringe Camaro6 sales threads :paddle:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

3 to 1 kid. 3 to 1! How the Hell is Mustang not making more money????????????:headbonk: Go drink some more of the c6 coolaid. You bring up the Challanger. Your getting your asses kicked by them also. The Camaro died once. Don't think GM wont pull the plug again! If sales don't turn around! I know C6 says sales are absolutely meaningless, I know, I know. But common sense doesn't exist over there! It's nitwits like you that make this forum wish the Camaro would die. Then you can brag about having the more rare car. Another stupid C6 talking point. I haven't heard from Medisin in a while. but your preaching his teachings.
Sponsored