2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Has anyone looked into seeing if there is an anti glare film/spray that can be applied to the screen?
The second thing that I noticed was the glare on the digital dash. There were moments when I couldn’t see my actual speed and rpm. This is an issue for me and got me think twice whether I will install the digital dash or not.

You guys need to try my 'Eliminator Shield XM47' form page 33 on this post. since i've installed it on mine, I haven't had a glare problem. :clap2:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99275&page=33
Sponsored

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Done with the installation

However, Forscan only read APIM and BCM and PCM, there is no IPC or SCCM or anything, does this have anything to do with my OBD adapter? I use the $19 one in the first post
IMG_2903.jpg
2018-06-21.png

Last edited:

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Done with the installation
dEkMvD1.jpg

However, Forscan only read APIM and BCM and PCM, there is no IPC or SCCM or anything, does this have anything to do with my OBD adapter? I use the $19 one in the first post
zRZNPLC.png

Yeah.It can't read the high speed buss, which is where they sit. You should just buy the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Bluetooth one. The one you have will work but it needs you to install a DTDT switch.

" -Windows PC with OBD2 adapter that can access all busses "

kvl5517

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
I have a question, I own a 2016 Ecoboost premium with pp, the switches on the steering wheels are opposite to the 2018 one, when I order the new switch assemblies, do I have to re-wire the wires connected to the assemblies (since the right wire was for music, and left wire was for computer).

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I have a question, I own a 2016 Ecoboost premium with pp, the switches on the steering wheels are opposite to the 2018 one, when I order the new switch assemblies, do I have to re-wire the wires connected to the assemblies (since the right wire was for music, and left wire was for computer).

No. you install the 2018 SCCM and program it with the correct codes into it- It will read the new switches in the new positions. thanks to Breeves for all this

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yeah.It can't read the high speed buss, which is where they sit. You should just buy the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Bluetooth one. The one you have will work but it needs you to install a DTDT switch.

" -Windows PC with OBD2 adapter that can access all busses "
Would this OBD tool work?

bbfly-BB77105 ELM327 WIFI Modified FORScan HS-CAN / MS-CAN Ford Mazda OBD2 for iPhone iPad Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076VPXPK5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9K7lBb110RNA3

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
IDK, But i can tell you amazon has pretty liberal return policy which ought to apply to the other one. Out.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The programming is still required even for the 2018 model?
Yes. The clusters don't come programmed to your specific car. It will have many errors otherwise. Plus you have to change SCCM programming for the new steering wheel controls to work.

I sell ready to go files you can just upload to your new cluster if you're interested. PM me.

eddison

Finally got my cluster in today and have it 98% - two outstanding things I'm hoping to get some help with.
- I can't seem to get the Rear Defrost to show up in the Remote Start menu

- I'm getting a DTC U0401 "Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM"

Last edited by a moderator:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
[MENTION=33116]Cuongpn[/MENTION] what year is your stang? Base, Premium? Looks great

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Completed my install today. Everything works as it should.

Thanks Sam!!!
Sponsored