Sponsored

★ Quiet Down Your Interior in Seconds! - Blockit Pre Cut Sound Deadener - GROUP BUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Is it abrasion resistant? Will it take some abuse?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Ed, you have an estimate on when our mats might ship?

Thx
The idea was to try and have these done and shipped before Christmas.
But its going to be tough. We mentioned we were going to try for this date however there was a chance they would go after the holidays.

But we are trying!

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
Hey Ed!

You may not remember me buddy its been a few years, It's James, I was the younger guy with the twin turbo Jet Stream Blue C6 that used to shop with you over at your original shop. Funny that I come across your vender page on a mustang forum years later LOL

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
The idea was to try and have these done and shipped before Christmas.
But its going to be tough. We mentioned we were going to try for this date however there was a chance they would go after the holidays.

But we are trying!
Thank you, sir :thumbsup:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This begs the question: If you install this kit - then buy louder exhaust - who did you buy the exhaust for? ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Is it abrasion resistant? Will it take some abuse?
Yes sir. We made the top layer urethane rather then foam so it will hold up much better. Its uv protected too but in the trunk thats not a big deal (did it more for cars with a cargo area exposed to sun).
Member 5.0 SD said his items did not slide around as much.. :thumbsup:

I hope that helps:cheers:

Hey Ed!

You may not remember me buddy its been a few years, It's James, I was the younger guy with the twin turbo Jet Stream Blue C6 that used to shop with you over at your original shop. Funny that I come across your vender page on a mustang forum years later LOL
Talk about a small world! Yes I believe I do remember you and that car and how fn fast it was. Very cool to see you here as well. I'm curious as to what you have done to the Stang.
We might sell more specialty Stang parts in the future. Until then if your car is to loud inside, stop by chuck a Blockit in the car and see if you like the difference.

Either way, great to hear from you again! :thumbsup:

This begs the question: If you install this kit - then buy louder exhaust - who did you buy the exhaust for? ;)
Personally I always thought the 5.0 Stangs even from the early 90's had one of the better sounds even stock. However some want a more beefier sound. Many do it for performance. Either way, on long drives that after market exhaust could be a bit much. The Blockit is designed to help take it down a tad quickly.
Mostly for road/tire interior noise but will help with exhaust.

Regardless when you "get on it" the sweet exhaust note will come right through. :cheers:

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Hey Guys, I just wanted to come on and give you some feed back about ship time.

We mentioned that these could wind up shipping out to you after the holidays but I really wanted them sooner (this week) so we could send them off before Christmas. I tried, but unfortunately its not going to happen. Manufactures are either short staffed and shutting earlier then expected.

So they gave me a report that they will be done after the holiday (28th).
Sorry about that. I'll keep you guys posted. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Merry Christmas to you, your families and the extended family here at Mustang 6G

God bless.

Ed:cheers:

I sent a PM to the OP about extending the group buy several days ago but haven't heard back.
Sorry. I apologize for the delayed response. What I can do is once we get them in, call me and I'll see if we can work something out for you.

Ed

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Looks like the stuff we get from West Marine to quiet engine compartments on large boats, except it has a foil backing on one side.
216858_F.jpg

Just sayin'
It works great keeping down the roar of our twin Cummins turbo diesels.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is the group buy still available? I was interested before but I didn't check the forums lol

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Looks like the stuff we get from West Marine to quiet engine compartments on large boats, except it has a foil backing on one side.
216858_F.jpg

Just sayin'
It works great keeping down the roar of our twin Cummins turbo diesels.
Close...but no cigar.
For starters, we use 2 different, weighted acoustical foams for better performance.
In addition, their barrier is 3/32. What is that? In an acoustical world, especially for barrier you always talk weight not "thickness" regarding acoustical properties.
Regardless, we use 1lb barrier for optimal performance.:thumbsup:

It states their barrier is leaded. Holy hazardous batman. I personally would not have lead in my trunk especially if I might have groceries, clothes and personal items in it.

Their top layer is more reflective then our urethane which absorbs noise. The last thing you want is noise bouncing around your trunk. You can't just flip their product over to hide the reflective top surface because then you don't have a decoupler and your barrier is now further from the vibrating surface.
I think you can easily puncture that silver surface too.

Their price is $144 for a 32"x 54". That will not cover your whole trunk (ours does). To do the entire trunk especially with no factory subwoofer, you would have to buy 2 (they don't sell a smaller piece)

So for $289.98 (plus shipping) you still have to cut the mat to fit the shape of your trunk. Which by the way is not easy to cut with that silver top fiberglass layer.

It seems like a good product but ours was designed for this car and this application with ease of installation. :cheers:

Is the group buy still available? I was interested before but I didn't check the forums lol
Call me after we get them in (after the holidays) and I'll work something out with ya! :cheers:

Last edited:

cobrachris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium guard saddle 20 inch rims
Let me get this straight,you make your Mustang loud,then you cram it full of deadening material to quiet it down?

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Let me get this straight,you make your Mustang loud,then you cram it full of deadening material to quiet it down?
Hahahaha. Point taken.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.