RTR knockoff grille/DRLs

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391373283553?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#rpdCntId

Here's a grille that was installed saturday, I had never removed the front fascia and of course it was that much more frustrating when one of the LED's was a dud. i did all other testing to see if it was the harness but nope the LED is a dud.. purchase through ebay from a seller called ikonmotorsports, messaged them saturday and still no response. I do have a 60 day refund window so hopefully it doesnt come to that. The drls are easily removed from the grill so grill was left on the car for now.

lesson of the day, ebay knockoffs might not get you a quick turnaround customer support like some of the legit distributors. sigh. now just a waiting game. -_- :headbonk::doh:
Sponsored

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
How was the fit of the grille ? I was looking at this for my GT as well.

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
How was the fit of the grille ? I was looking at this for my GT as well.
the fit was excellent i dont have a picture but yeah removing the OEM grille was a pain but snapping on the new one was easy. Theres about 3 other guys on an ecoboost page whom also have this grille from same buyer, i just ran into some bad luck :tsk:

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
the fit was excellent i dont have a picture but yeah removing the OEM grille was a pain but snapping on the new one was easy. Theres about 3 other guys on an ecoboost page whom also have this grille from same buyer, i just ran into some bad luck :tsk:

Sorry to hear you got a dud. My buddy has this same grill/leds on his gt. I believe he had them install it. I've also been on the fence about purchasing their products but may think otherwise based on the outcome of this. Please keep us updated.

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
well the customer support at ikonmotorsports was solid, talked to someone quickly as soon as i called. they've shipped out a replacement LED. So although i did get a dud if both lights do work i'd highly recommend buying simply due to the quick customer support when i called.

Sponsored

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
well the customer support at ikonmotorsports was solid, talked to someone quickly as soon as i called. they've shipped out a replacement LED. So although i did get a dud if both lights do work i'd highly recommend buying simply due to the quick customer support when i called.
How have the lights been since installing? Wondering if the replicas last

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
One difference I noticed between the rtr and the ebay one is that the rtr is open on the back side to allow air to pass threw and it appears that ebay one is blocked off.

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So far so good, I've had mine since march. no problems yet. Luckily the DRL market is saturated so if there's ever any issues theres many shops around my city.

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
So far so good, I've had mine since march. no problems yet. Luckily the DRL market is saturated so if there's ever any issues theres many shops around my city.
Awesome. Thanks! Do you have any pictures laying around?

Sponsored

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I ended up ordering the RTR since American Muscle had a sale

romeric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I have the same one but from a different seller. Its only temporary until I save enough to get the RTR grilles. I checked the DRLs before installing, and they worked fine. Only question I have is where did you connect the DRLs? I want to connect them to the daytime running lights but the connection has a few wires and don't know which wire is which. If anybody has a diagram of the headlight wiring please let me know.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
One difference I noticed between the rtr and the ebay one is that the rtr is open on the back side to allow air to pass threw and it appears that ebay one is blocked off.
Can anyone confirm this? That would be a deal breaker for me

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I can confirm. this one was blocked off, while the rtr one does have an opening.
Sponsored