Sponsored

Need some help & advice regarding my wheels

Wolf Counselor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey team:

I have a 2017 GT without the performance pack. It came with 265/35/20 99W Goodyear tires. I recently lowered the car an inch with the Eibach pro-kit springs and also brought my wheels out an inch with the Billit wheel spacers both in the front and back. I got it done at a shop since I didn't have the capability of doing it myself or the know how. Now I'm having a weird creaking sound which sounds to be coming from the rear of the car at minimal to low speeds when reaching a stop, a drive way, slow turn. It only happens sporadically and I honestly cannot figure out what it could be. I took it back to the shop and they supposedly took everything apart. They couldn't figure it out either. Anyone experience this before or maybe have an idea of what it can be before I take it somewhere else and see if maybe another alignment fixes it? If not, I guess I'll have to take it to Ford along with my wallet.

On another note I'm thinking about upgrading my tires. How big can I go without having an issue with the fenders now that the car is lowered and wheels are out an inch? Also, which tires do you recommend for daily driving high mileage? I'm mostly looking for a smooth comfortable ride more than anything, performance second. I don't drag or burnout so that's not important.

As always, thank you for any help offered! :cheers:
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Make sure everything is tightened up properly
Definitely this suggestion. And, if you're going with bigger tires, I'm lowered on an Eibach Pro-Kit also. I'm running 285/35/20 tires on a 10" wide wheel in the front, and 315/35/20 tires on an 11" wide wheel in the rear. All four wheels are +35 offset. NO rubbing, scraping, bottoming out anywhere, front or back. When I turn the fronts are VEEEEERY close to the plastic wheel well, but don't touch. I didn't need any camber adjustments, either. The tires are Continental Extreme Contact Sports. I don't daily the car, it's just a weekend, nice day toy. I hear guys say good things about the Firestone Firehawks and the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/s.
Sponsored