My new 2018 PP inspired custom console and knee bolsters

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
What material did you use on the console? vinyl or leather?
It is a matte auto upholstery grade vinyl with a texture that imitates the original plastic so it matches with the rest of the car. I debated a lot between leather and vinyl but this way I could control the texture better and it actually has better scuff resistance. Plus it does not have to flex all the time (leather is better if you need that). Leather would have worked too but I am glad I went this route.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Nice! Who's steering wheel is that?

texrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
You previously mentioned buying the pieces; do you have the links of where I can find it for sale?

Also, do you have the contact info for the upholstery shop you used? I'm not opposed to sending out my parts to shop that has done the work before and know what they are doing.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Nice! Who's steering wheel is that?
This is the all leather DCTMS wheel. [MENTION=32677]50Deep@DCTMS[/MENTION] put together a group buy for them.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Super clean work [MENTION=27773]fpa1974[/MENTION]. Looking forward to working with you more in the future. Your attention to detail is paying off.

Have you noticed any less noise/rattles since the install?

Sponsored

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Super clean work [MENTION=27773]fpa1974[/MENTION]. Looking forward to working with you more in the future. Your attention to detail is paying off.

Have you noticed any less noise/rattles since the install?
Actually yes :). A lot less minor plastic buzzing and stuff. At least so far it is promising.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
You previously mentioned buying the pieces; do you have the links of where I can find it for sale?

Also, do you have the contact info for the upholstery shop you used? I'm not opposed to sending out my parts to shop that has done the work before and know what they are doing.
No, not really. They were custom made based on what I asked for. If you want to chat about the project PM me and I will share with you some of the details.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Since I first read about and saw 2018 PP center console and knee bolsters I knew I got to have something better than what Ford gave us in the GT350. I thought about buying those pieces but the cost was prohibitive. So I ended up making a better version (I like to believe that) that fits better with the rest of our interior and had a local upholstery shop implement it :)

I attached a couple of pictures with the result. Once they are in the car I will take a few more pictures.
Do you know how much material was used? I would love to have that done in alcantara

Thanks
Jack